xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Dec 4, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #725 of 3,834
Actually I like the color, I did not purchased the Diablo because of the color, grey or black in electronics are my go to.

The gryphon makes me remind the top of the line Sony Walkman of the 80’s and the 90’s, and their design where amazing in that time.

In an design perspective the gryphon is a very attractive piece of hardware, and it Sold me one as soon I saw a picture of it, I did not purchased for it’s sound, but sounds good.

I loved the xDSD design but that reflective exterior that attracts fingertips made I never go for it.

Color is good, when you have more than one color as a choice. Because for me at least, if not gray or black in electronics is a no go, even if the product is awesome sounding I will buy another brand.

So when a black Diablo comes out I will order it right away.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #726 of 3,834
Actually I like the color, I did not purchased the Diablo because of the color, grey or black in electronics are my go to.

The gryphon makes me remind the top of the line Sony Walkman of the 80’s and the 90’s, and their design where amazing in that time.

In an design perspective the gryphon is a very attractive piece of hardware, and it Sold me one as soon I saw a picture of it, I did not purchased for it’s sound, but sounds good.

I loved the xDSD design but that reflective exterior that attracts fingertips made I never go for it.

Color is good, when you have more than one color as a choice. Because for me at least, if not gray or black in electronics is a no go, even if the product is awesome sounding I will buy another brand.

So when a black Diablo comes out I will order it right away.
hope ifi is goiing to sell gloves of different colors to put it inside, like they sell gloves for hip dac

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #727 of 3,834
Please ifi, tell us, will this one support AptX lossless or should I send mine back while there is a return window?

There is no guarantee, they pointed this out earlier. You may be hard pressed to tell the difference anyways.

Dec 4, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #729 of 3,834
Where is the ifi people?
You know that we have weekend?
according to the spec sheet, it will take about 6 to 12 hourse to charge the unit. Why on earth is that and why hasnt anything like QC3 or the like been implemented?
The slower you charge the battery, the longer the battery will last

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #730 of 3,834
Where is the ifi people?
Another point that botthers me: according to the spec sheet, it will take about 6 to 12 hourse to charge the unit. Why on earth is that and why hasnt anything like QC3 or the like been implemented?

Yeah the spec sheet numbers are a bit confusing. The battery is rated at 3600 mAh and they indicate a 1900 mA charging current (max). That should only take 2-3 hours to charge.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #731 of 3,834
Yeah the spec sheet numbers are a bit confusing. The battery is rated at 3600 mAh and they indicate a 1900 mA charging current (max). That should only take 2-3 hours to charge.
It’s likely only pulls that high of a current when it’s charging while in operation. I would suspect it’s programmed to operate with a lower charging draw to prolong battery life much in the same way it’ll only charge to 70% if on before being plugged in.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #732 of 3,834
hope ifi is goiing to sell gloves of different colors to put it inside, like they sell gloves for hip dac
They’ve already addressed that a couple times in this thread saying there are no current plans for an official iFi case.

Dec 4, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #733 of 3,834
Where is the ifi people?
Another point that botthers me: according to the spec sheet, it will take about 6 to 12 hourse to charge the unit. Why on earth is that and why hasnt anything like QC3 or the like been implemented?

I prefer this not be implemented. Faster charging has more of an impact on battery durability AND heat generated while charging. Unlike the Mojo the Gryphon doesn't fireball when doing both. You seem to be a customer that is hard to please, maybe research before buying to know why things are the way they are. It's all in this thread.

Dec 4, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #734 of 3,834
I prefer this not be implemented. Faster charging has more of an impact on battery durability AND heat generated while charging. Unlike the Mojo the Gryphon doesn't fireball when doing both. You seem to be a customer that is hard to please, maybe research before buying to know why things are the way they are. It's all in this thread.
A wishful thinking of mine. I'd like to see a non battery version of Gryphon for a proper desktop setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back