xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Mar 15, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #1,786 of 3,834
If it helps, I detected the imbalance on my unit using a 1000 hz tone. The imbalance is a lot less noticeable (or not there) at lower frequencies. It is also specific to the headphone outs - the line outs are fine.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #1,789 of 3,834
The XBass II and the XSpace is not the same as on the iFi micro Signature XBass+ and 3D+. They are different implementations.

Thanks for this information. What differences are there with the XBassII and XSpace? I know the 3D+ is different to a crossfeed and that the XSpace is similar in some ways, would you be able to elaborate on it?

I presume they are improved versions since the Gryphon is newer.

Mar 15, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #1,790 of 3,834
IMHO it feels like a more "finished" product now than it did with the release F/W. We just need a couple of extra little features and it will be perfect but it is in no way not ready now.

The one thing about software is its never finished, that's probably how I managed to make a life-long career out of doing it. :)
Yes but no point buying it as it might have earlier firmware then.

Seems too complicated updating firmware on Mac.
No instructions

Mar 15, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #1,792 of 3,834
Mar 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,793 of 3,834
Marking 15 years since signing up for a Head-fi account.
Thanks to the folks at Head-fi and iFi for making this so memorable.
The Gryphon is still at only ~60 hours of use so can't really comment on the sound, but I'm enjoying it very much!

IMG_3040.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,794 of 3,834
Marking 15 years since signing up for a Head-fi account.
Thanks to the folks at Head-fi and iFi for making this so memorable.
Dude, stop posting so much!! :laughing:
Also, I gave you your 2nd like ever. @MarkParity beat me to be your first like...

Mar 15, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #1,795 of 3,834
Yep, this is happening to me as well with the latest firmware.

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please drop me a PM what exact steps were involved and how/when that channel imbalance occurs? This would help us a lot in investigating the subject and passing it on internally, thanks!

Dude, stop posting so much!! :laughing:

Was going to write the exact same thing :D

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 15, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #1,797 of 3,834
Still questions left unanswered.

Please re-ask the questions for our reference.

Thanks for this information. What differences are there with the XBassII and XSpace? I know the 3D+ is different to a crossfeed and that the XSpace is similar in some ways, would you be able to elaborate on it?

I presume they are improved versions since the Gryphon is newer.

They are improved versions.

Mar 15, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #1,799 of 3,834
Step into IEM world this year with campfire holocene + gryphon + nobunaga labs supreme 4.4mm balanced cable, expecting good result.

Regrettably now ended up using ddhifi 4.4 -> 3.5 adapter to use gryphon 3.5mm output instead. Am I missing something? It just sound much better this way. Music became less hiss, more focus and sharp, less bloated bass feeling (if i described correctly). Am I maximising gryphon with this setting or I should change to less sensitve IEM?

I cannot stand the hiss on gryphon 4.4mm output. Turning on IEmatch kill the dynamic range, which is not a option for me. I also find the music sounded not focus, not clear compare to using 3.5mm output.

Gryphon work perfectly with all the headphone I had. Seem that it's sensitive IEM issue?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #1,800 of 3,834
Step into IEM world this year with campfire holocene + gryphon + nobunaga labs supreme 4.4mm balanced cable, expecting good result.

Regrettably now ended up using ddhifi 4.4 -> 3.5 adapter to use gryphon 3.5mm output instead. Am I missing something? It just sound much better this way. Music became less hiss, more focus and sharp, less bloated bass feeling (if i described correctly). Am I maximising gryphon with this setting or I should change to less sensitve IEM?

I cannot stand the hiss on gryphon 4.4mm output. Turning on IEmatch kill the dynamic range, which is not a option for me. I also find the music sounded not focus, not clear compare to using 3.5mm output.

Gryphon work perfectly with all the headphone I had. Seem that it's sensitive IEM issue?
Yes, Campfire BA IEMs are generally pretty sensitive. I've been happy enough with the performance of my Andro2020 with the 3.5mm SE cable that came with it, no real desire for anything else at this stage.

Maybe just use the Holocene's standard cable with the Gryphon if it works well with no hiss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back