Xbox 360 Problems
Mar 28, 2006 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sahwnfras

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, iv got a problem with my Xbox. Its not the 360s fault, but my COD:2 disc got cracked on the inside of the middle circle. I belive that it was cause by the game case, and it has 3 cracks on the inside of the disc. And about 5 days ago i noticed a mark on the info side of the disc. It looked like a burn mark or something, but on the top side i saw a little crack. The disc was working fine with this problem for 2 days. Then it wouldent work all the time, and when it wouldent the Xbox would make a clicking noise. And it did this for about 2 days. Then today it doesent read the disc at all and i got a message that said "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 system" (something of that sort). Im not sure what to do now. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? And is there anything I can do to fix it or something, this is really frustrating.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
Hi, iv got a problem with my Xbox. Its not the 360s fault, but my COD:2 disc got cracked on the inside of the middle circle. I belive that it was cause by the game case, and it has 3 cracks on the inside of the disc. And about 5 days ago i noticed a mark on the info side of the disc. It looked like a burn mark or something, but on the top side i saw a little crack. The disc was working fine with this problem for 2 days. Then it wouldent work all the time, and when it wouldent the Xbox would make a clicking noise. And it did this for about 2 days. Then today it doesent read the disc at all and i got a message that said "To play this disc put it in an Xbox 360 system" (something of that sort). Im not sure what to do now. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? And is there anything I can do to fix it or something, this is really frustrating.

This is what the Xbox 360 shows when you put its disc in a DVD player. Essentially, your 360 is no longer reading this disc as a 360 game. You need to get another 360 disc and see if it reads properly. I think it's probably just your disc.

Mar 29, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 6
Ya i can play all my other games, its just my COD. Iv been on the Xbox forums, and i found out that some other people have had this problem. And they called Activision and they got a replacement. But im not sure if im gonna be able to get a free replacment since my copy is over the 90 day warrenty, and i can find the recipt. They charge $20 for a replacment if the game is over the 90 day warrenty, but i hope that they will still do that even though i dont have my recipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back