xbox 360 headphone volume question
Nov 21, 2008 at 5:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

damien5119

New Head-Fier
hi there,

i've recently purchased some audio plug adapters to convert the RCA jacks on the xbox to a 3.5mm stereo jack so that I can plug in my headphones.

Im currently using an el-cheapo headphone and the volume is quite low.
I've head conflicting statements if getting a headphone with volume control would work.

So basically, if anyone has a headphone connected to the RCA outputs of the xbox directly have any volume problems with headphones where you can adjust the volume.

I really dont want to buy a headphone amp or an AV receiver or a wireless headphone set or hook it up through my pc

Thanks

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 3

illy2k

100+ Head-Fier
since the the RCA is just an analog signal there is no power to "drive" your headphones, and hence no control of the volume.

Does your TV have a headphone port on it? I assume no since you are using the RCA but I just have to ask.

If no headphone port, powered head phones would definitely work. They 360 specific ones from Gaming Headsets USB PCI Sound Cards - Turtle Beach which I have seen get favorable reviews. They also have an integrated mic which is nice.

EDIT: Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet
k701smile.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 3

damien5119

New Head-Fier
"Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet"
good guess there. insurance premiums are going to bankrupt me.

I just saw the Ear Force X4 on sale. but from where i come from in the 3rd world, they cost like 900 bucks with shipping!!!

thanks anwyay

Users who are viewing this thread