XB 500's have Snapped and Looking for a Replacement
Mar 16, 2013 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Denther

New Head-Fier
Recently my XB 500's have snapped. I loved those headphones to death and very much enjoyed the bass in them. Essentially I need a good pair to replace them with. I've considered just getting another pair of XB500's but I'm not sure if that's worth it anymore since they've got up in price. 

Budget: 75ish dollars (Can go higher if really worth it but unlikely)

Important to me:
CLEAN and strong bass
Build Quality
Comfort
Sound Isolation (I play drums and need to be able to hear my music over the drums well)
Clean separation of sounds.

Bass doesn't necessarily have to be as good as the XB500's and I might graduate into a more balanced sound but it all depends.

Suggestions?

I've been looking at the M50's, M40FS, and V Moda Crossfade. 

M50 are a bit out of my price range (by quite a bit really).

I listen to electronic/dubstep music and rock (70's onward primarily). Also have the occasional classical piece in the mix as well.

Thanks for the help!

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #2 of 2
With that tight budget, I'd suggest Panasonic RTF600. Excellent bass, cost around $40 ish.  Add a JVC HR4C ( I know that number is wrong but go to Amazon, type that in and it will find the right number).  Lets see, I got my XB700, the big bro to your XB500, for $70 but now that they are discontinued not sure if you can find any of them.  There's still the new XB  series but they are on ear........not over ear.  No idea what Sony was thinking.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back