X5L in my hot little hands
Jul 8, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads
For flac you can use jet audio to convert. It's not going to be worth converting your wma files (lossey)- rip your cd's to flac for some awesome sound quality (lossless)
etysmile.gif

Thanks for your quick reply. So now I have to 'reburn' all my cds to my harddrive? This is more time consuming than I had hoped. Is the sound quality really worth another 9837459847hours of downloading time?

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperM3
Thanks for your quick reply. So now I have to 'reburn' all my cds to my harddrive? This is more time consuming than I had hoped. Is the sound quality really worth another 9837459847hours of downloading time?

Lol, you know how many times i ripped cd's into aac, atrac,ogg, flac
icon10.gif

Just try one and see what you think, if you have good cans you can definatly notice the difference. FLAC eats up more battery though
frown.gif
I myself have most of my stuff in lame vbr , only the "special stuff" is in flac ie. pink floyd, radiohead, the orb, some jazz, and classical- stuff that has alot going on in it. Hard rock - ac/dc , aerosmith, van halen all sound great with lame vbr. I myself never used wma , but i'm sure it's close to vrb?

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #63 of 69
I've gone in and ripped a CD using FLAC and played it back using Jet Audio. Then I ripped the same CD using Windows Media and at 128kbps, and played it back through WMP. I could tell the difference, but not enough to justify the 7-8X file size for the FLAC vs. the 128kbps WMA file.
That being said, if I decide to rip all of my CD's to store on DVD's as a back-up to the original, then I will definitely rip them using FLAC, or the most lossless format I can find. For everyday listening however, I'm contenet with the 128k WMA file.

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:11 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose
I've gone in and ripped a CD using FLAC and played it back using Jet Audio. Then I ripped the same CD using Windows Media and at 128kbps, and played it back through WMP. I could tell the difference, but not enough to justify the 7-8X file size for the FLAC vs. the 128kbps WMA file.
That being said, if I decide to rip all of my CD's to store on DVD's as a back-up to the original, then I will definitely rip them using FLAC, or the most lossless format I can find. For everyday listening however, I'm contenet with the 128k WMA file.

Thats what I was looking for. Thank you
etysmile.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:23 PM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL
exactly
biggrin.gif
however in 3 years when 80gb drives are the norms, I think everyone will have gone lossless

In 3 yrs youll be able to burn dvd's right to your brain.

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #68 of 69
i ordered my x5 on the 6th at night from amazon, i ordered one day shipping and was supposed to get it on the 8th, it still says its getting "prepared to being shipped" i called and got a refund on my shipping( which saved 20 dollars), but im still upset because i know i wont have time to get it ebcause im never at home (todays the last day of vacation), enough of my blabber, i hope i get it today (even though the chances are slim)

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:02 AM Post #69 of 69
Hey X5 owners, I have a couple of quick questions.

How is the voice recorder? Good?
Is it good enough to record class lectures?

*If you have an iPod and voice recorder accessory for it, how does the X5's voice recorder compare to it?

Thanks, it should help me in my decision. Don't really want suggestions on any other player, I'm mainly focusing on the iPod Photo 30gb and the X5 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back