X5L in my hot little hands
Jun 29, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #16 of 69
I've pretty much decided that if my iriver died tomorrow...the X5 would be my new addition (my only reservation is that 30 gig is a bit small, and a line-out adapter is an inconvenience compared to the irivers).

I still hope my h140 doesn't die for a long time though
biggrin.gif

Enjoy your player!

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:40 PM Post #17 of 69
Cowon is pretty good at satisfying the needs of it's customers. It's good to see them getting some press with the x5 . There players have always been tops in the sound dept, when I bought my first iaudio player (cw200) four years ago , very few people knew the name.

From what I heard, id3 database is not that big of a deal in Korea and thats why they didn't include it. However I think the U.S. and European market will get a firmware upgrade in the near future to support id3 databasing, as that seems to be the only fault of the player.

My x5 should ship tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Jun 29, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #18 of 69
It has arrived!!! Not only is this thing small and built well, but the sound easily blows away my Creative Zen and Micro...wow. Wow. Wow. I could not be happier right now. The screen is a bit of a letdown, but its functional and looks good enough.
Pics later...

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 69
ok, one thing im not liking at all. In the on-the-fly playlist, if you press forward on the joystick to go to and play the next song in the playlist it just restarts the current song instead of playing the next song in the list...am i doing something wrong?

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:00 PM Post #20 of 69
I haven't created any playlists yet I guess. I have all of my albums loaded and when I'm playing in random, with the specific song displayed (blue background screen) if I hit the forward and backward on the joystick, it skips to the next/previous random track.
I'll have to play with playlists and see if I can help.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #21 of 69
yeah, thats no problem. Try adding a few tracks to the d-playlist. Then go into the view of the playlist, play a song, and hit forward.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #22 of 69
Everybodys getting the L model
frown.gif
I thought it might be thick. oh well, even my mini doesn't seem to get 18 anymore I can live with 12 13 hrs.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #23 of 69
Ok, another thing...the player wont play any ogg files. Ive tried it with level 5 and level 2 ogg files, but it just skips right through them without playing the track. it displays the info for a second and the nmoves on to the next file...help!

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #24 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads
Everybodys getting the L model
frown.gif
I thought it might be thick. oh well, even my mini doesn't seem to get 18 anymore I can live with 12 13 hrs.

I didn't. I honestly didn't need the extra hours and since that was the case why go with a thicker player.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:41 PM Post #25 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
yeah, thats no problem. Try adding a few tracks to the d-playlist. Then go into the view of the playlist, play a song, and hit forward.

Okay, I did that. When I hit forward or backward, it goes to the next/previous track. I don't know what might be going wrong with yours. You might drill down into the control menu if you have changed anything from default. I wish I could help.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #26 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
Ok, another thing...the player wont play any ogg files. Ive tried it with level 5 and level 2 ogg files, but it just skips right through them without playing the track. it displays the info for a second and the nmoves on to the next file...help!

I know there was a firmware upgrade that was supposed to fix this. I would have thought that you would get one that was already fixed, but it might be worth updating the firmware. That might also fix the issue with the playlist. Worth a try.

Jun 29, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #28 of 69
If you go "Settings", "Information" you will be able to see what your firmware version is (as well as used and free space, # of directories and # of files. If your firmware isn't at least 2.07 (2.07-e, in my case) then a firmware upgrade may be in the cards.

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:48 PM Post #29 of 69
thanks for the help, but id done all that right off the bat. Ive also been posting on iaudiophile for some help.

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #30 of 69
make sure youre in the d-playlist folder when you hit forward...for me it just starts over the trac kits on.

edit: ok, just realized hitting forward in any menu will play the highlighted track...so, no problem. Still cant get ogg working.

Also, I'm going to say it again, the sound on this player is amazing. Far better than any other dap ive ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back