X45
Apr 20, 2004 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
One of my all time favorite anime video is Macross Plus. The story was inspired by the X plane projects and competitions that led to the development of the F22 and JSF. If course the only part that was missing is the unmanned automated combat aircraft that goes haywire at the end of Macross Plus.

Until now.

Say hello to the X45.
DVD-691-1.jpg

Boeing Unmanned Combat Aircraft Makes Aviation History

Wow. We're one more step closer to the apocalypse, sci-fi style.
biggrin.gif

First Honda and then Sony develop more and more sophisticated humanoid robots. Now this. Heheh, I wonder how long until there is true Artificial Intelligence.

It will be amazing to see what an air superiority variant of the X45 will be capable of, given the fact that the X45 will no longer be limited to a pilot passing out from high G forces.

-Ed

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 9
I flew UAVs for a little over three years, and loved it. I wish I could get involved with one of these new ones with jet engines and such, but the old prop job recon plane I flew was cool enough.

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 9
The necessary changes to the rules of engagement will be interesting for unpiloted aircraft. We can currently engage an enemy at extremely long distances but visual confirmation is required unless things have changed.

Apr 20, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 9
Stick in a moveable, long-zoom camera, and you can visually ID an aircraft at a distance no pilot in the world could touch.

Apr 20, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #5 of 9
What about ED-01?
biggrin.gif
He's jobless now.

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #8 of 9
I almost got my dad that joystick for his birthday but they didn't have it in stock at best buy.

i remember owning the microprose game F-117. ah.. the glories of 16color display. Man that was a while ago on an 8086 CPU
eek.gif

I can't imagine flying in an F117. there's no bathroom.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back