X-Fi XtremeMusic -> E-MU 0404, how to connect each other?
Apr 1, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 3
I suspect that in gaming or entertainment modes the X-Fi digital out will be at 48kHz.

Assuming you are using Foobar directly to the 0404 for music, this means you will need to change your PatchMix session sync options from 48 external to 44.1 internal when switching from gaming to music listening.

Connecting via analog would allow you to have a single session you'd never have to change.

Hopefully someone will confirm or tell us the real story
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by stiben
Assuming you are using Foobar directly to the 0404 for music, this means you will need to change your PatchMix session sync options from 48 external to 44.1 internal when switching from gaming to music listening.

Hmm... I just leave my 0404 at 44.1 internal, and it takes the output of my onboard's optical just fine. Everything seems to work just fine in games, movies, and Windows sounds (all defaulted to the onboard audio, Foobar 0.9 goes to the 0404 directly via KS). It seemed to me that it wouldn't work when I was setting it up, and I initially had it the way you suggested, but found by accident that it worked when left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back