"X" Coordinate Pen
Apr 6, 2004 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Peterg2

Head-Fier
I picked this link up some time ago (it was posted by Chu Gai on another forum) and bookmarked it. When browsing through it recently I could not help having a chuckle again and thought I would post it. I appreciate that this might be deemed too frivolous for here and might be moved to the Member's Lounge.

Anyhow here is the link to the review at positive-feedback.com of the Pen devised by Peter Belt:

Positive-Feedback review of "X" Coordinate Pen

Peter

Apr 6, 2004 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 65
Wow, I remember reading this article, and now it seems even more stupid than before. Writing your name with > ok after it makes your speakers sound better? Man, I gotta buy a bunch of cheap Sharpie red pens and tell people to think happy thoughts, and then write their name on just the CD cover. Sheesh, I wouldn't publish an article like this no matter how much money I was paid. It's a reputation buster IMHO.

This part killed any reputation I thought possible to retain: Quote:

When you are writing messages, we find that the more definite that you write "O.K." and "NO" - the greater the effect. We therefore recommend that CAPITAL letters are always used in this part of the message.

rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Sheesh, I wouldn't publish an article like this no matter how much money I was paid. It's a reputation buster IMHO.

Well said Doug!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 65
I had an idea along these lines. I'll start a service where people can send me CDs, speakers, and other electronics components, and I'll think happy thoughts around them until they sound better, and charge $20 an hour to do so. Hey, it's easier than writing and doing stuff like this.

Think it will go over well?

Apr 6, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 65
No, it has to sound technical, and involve quantum mechanics and/or string theory (or anything else that "nobody" understands)

If you said you were going to run them through an inverse field matrix quantiser, you wouln't be able to keep up with the demand
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #9 of 65
The only problem I have with the concept is that you're supposed to buy THEIR pen. If it were just an article explaining their concept and not pushing a product, I'd be perfectly ok with it!

In fact, I think I'll go bust out a pen right now...

Apr 7, 2004 at 5:51 PM Post #13 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Look at the rest of the stuff this guy sells...... this has got to be a joke????

If it's not, at least it's good for a nice chuckle. The theories are, well, a little out there to say the least; and their prices are WAY out there. I wonder if anyone has actually bought anything from these people, and if they have, why don't we hear more about these modern wonders?

Apr 7, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #14 of 65
Quote:

Yes, dear reader, the pen works, and works brilliantly! Let me describe what I did, what I heard, and more importantly, what an unsuspecting outside party heard when I performed my experiments. As with any such phenomenon, hearing for yourself is believing.

This is a textbook example of proving a difference in audiophile-dom. Who are we to say anything about the pen when we have not even tried it? (Not that I believe it for a second...) Carol Clark heard a difference, hence it must be real.

All the required elements are there, even the "unsuspecting outside party" (usually a non-audiophile friend, wife etc.)

Q.E.D.

Regards,

L.

Apr 7, 2004 at 7:20 PM Post #15 of 65
Quote:

Originally posted by Leporello
This is a textbook example of proving a difference in audiophile-dom. Who are we to say anything about the pen when we have not even tried it? (Not that I believe it for a second...) Carol Clark heard a difference, hence it must be real.

All the required elements are there, even the "unsuspecting outside party" (usually a non-audiophile friend, wife etc.)

Q.E.D.

Regards,

L.

Yeh, Carol Clark probably used Clark Kent as the unsuspecting third party..... he's supposed to be pretty damned good when it comes to auditioning "ink" must be the power of the Kryptonite
biggrin.gif

Pinkie > OK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back