X-Can v2 Tube tweaks needed..(new user)
Jun 2, 2002 at 4:02 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I omitted what may be the most important tweak of all: time. The manual for the X-Can says that the amp is designed to be left on constantly. They're not kidding. I used to believe that a full 24 hours warmup was needed for this amp to sound its best. I had revised that estimate after I got the X-PSU, and have been thinking that about 30 minutes would do it. I was wrong. I accidentally left the X-Can on overnight a couple of days ago, and listened again the next evening. There was a level of detail that simply isn't present with a short warmup period. So, if you want this amp to sound its best, simply follow the manuals instruction, and leave it on.

Agreed, but after it's left on for weeks it starts to sound too 'soupy' imo and it's hybrid tube nature starts to rear it's head fully, strange.

Jun 2, 2002 at 6:32 AM Post #17 of 17
Good point, and I've heard it too. Weird. It needs to be on a long time to fully perform, but too long and there's some sonic deterioration. Shutting it down for awhile every few days seems to avoid this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back