WyWires - Can I Change Connectors?
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

benshabat

New Head-Fier
Hi friends! I recently purchased from a Head-Fier a WyWires Red headphone cable with XLR termination and Audeze connectors. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the connectors changed to MrSpeakers connectors, and where I could do it?

Apr 18, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #4 of 13
Okay I have to confess, I sent him an email about re-terminating one of his cables a few months ago and he didn't respond to me either. :/

Apr 20, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #6 of 13
Just call him. He is a very nice person. It will cost you but it will not be much and he will issue you a new certificate for your modified wire.

May 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 13
You can also just have him make you an adapter so you can use the same cable with all of your headphones. Mini xlr is the best connector for that too.

May 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 13
5C25A850-F857-4C61-9DD7-6F22EFBA1039.jpeg Here’s the adapter for my hd600. I think for the platinum series the adapters are about $125. I can’t recall exactly.

May 5, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 13
Yessssir. The Wywires cables are amazing, and being able to use one cable with all of your headphones makes the value that much better. I think double helix and Norne do something similar. Hell I wasn’t sure if it was an option either until I asked Alex about it.

May 5, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 13
Okay I have to confess, I sent him an email about re-terminating one of his cables a few months ago and he didn't respond to me either. :/
Just as an FYI... Make sure to send the message directly to Alex and not to the wywires general inbox. He responds very quickly in my experience to direct mail.

Yessssir. The Wywires cables are amazing, and being able to use one cable with all of your headphones makes the value that much better. I think double helix and Norne do something similar. Hell I wasn’t sure if it was an option either until I asked Alex about it.

Really looking forward to getting a set of these adapters to go from Auteur to 660s!

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back