www.headphonereviews.org
Jan 25, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #211 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, the thread's not sticky any more?!

I just finished the first stage of a revamp of the headphone reviews. So far it's mainly a cosmetic change, i'd love some feedback.

When I do a query on closed circumaural cans using the wizard, I keep getting the same results, regardless of what source I choose.
I don't know if this was already the case using the old layout.

I admire your guts of creating a whole new layout. It's very clean, very straightforward informative, yet I miss the little more playful style of the previous pages a bit. however, I can probably very easily get used to this.

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #212 of 221
The new site has a very nice look to it.Only thing though is that the links to buying the headphones is broken.It links to the a900 no matter what headphones you are looking at.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #214 of 221
I preferred the old design. However, I'm a real fan of minimalism, so that's to be expected from me.

Your navbar is taunting me; it says, "Click anywhere on me to navigate," but it only sends me somewhere if I click on the text. This is a big problem, and I'd fix it right away.

Jan 25, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #217 of 221
No offense, but the old layout was way better. Minimalist design, easy to navigate. The only thing I didn't like was the "Click here to see more reviews", otherwise it was perfect the way it was.

Jan 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #218 of 221
Thanks for all the feedback, i've fixed most of the things people have put down. It's a work in progress, so please keep the suggestions coming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I do a query on closed circumaural cans using the wizard, I keep getting the same results, regardless of what source I choose.
I don't know if this was already the case using the old layout.

I admire your guts of creating a whole new layout. It's very clean, very straightforward informative, yet I miss the little more playful style of the previous pages a bit. however, I can probably very easily get used to this.

The wizard has some limitations, it doesn't currently consider the source, but i'll look into using it some time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new site has a very nice look to it.Only thing though is that the links to buying the headphones is broken.It links to the a900 no matter what headphones you are looking at.

Good spotting, thanks! Fixed now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice redesign. Although I preferred the old sites' design with the 'Reviews by our members' section where the text stretched across the whole width of the page.

I'll see if my designer can stretch the text across the page and keep it looking nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, the prices are all out of whack. Senn hd650's for $60? Grado 225's for $392?

Fixed, thanks, I did that section in a hurry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the new site. It's simple and easy to navigate. I only wish that more people would submit new reviews. There's still not a single one for the UE-11s.

Great, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
Encourage people here to submit reviews, the more reviews we have the more useful the site will be
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #219 of 221
It's a very nice site and very useful and promising (i read fecuently to compare headphones...). Would be excellent to see more reviews from people of this site. I don't known why there is no more reviews, what happen people, come on? (No Ultrasone Pro 750, Ultrasone Pro 2500, Ed.9 reviews, some Beyers, No Denon AH-D2000 and only a Denon D5000 review form Skylab, No Goldring reviews, No grado SR325i and GS1000 reviews; no JVC-DX1000, No Triple.Fi 10 Pro, and others?)
Not to be selfish...

In other hand, you should add the shure SE530,

Feb 6, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #220 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a very nice site and very useful and promising (i read fecuently to compare headphones...). Would be excellent to see more reviews from people of this site. I don't known why there is no more reviews, what happen people, come on? (No Ultrasone Pro 750, Ultrasone Pro 2500, Ed.9 reviews, some Beyers, No Denon AH-D2000 and only a Denon D5000 review form Skylab, No Goldring reviews, No grado SR325i and GS1000 reviews; no JVC-DX1000, No Triple.Fi 10 Pro, and others?)
Not to be selfish...

In other hand, you should add the shure SE530,

I'd love to see more reviews, the more we have the better the scores and selection wizard will do.

Any member can add headphones to the site, just log in, hit browse, choose the manufacturer, then hit "add headphone".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back