www.bhphotovideo.com anyone ever buy from there?
Mar 3, 2006 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Fonzy

New Head-Fier
I think i'm going to buy the Sony MDR-V6 but I can't find a place that sells them at a descent price up here in Canada (besides ebay which I don't trust to much) and I seen www.bhphotovideo.com which has them on for $69.95 and i was just curious if it was a safe place to buy from? or if anyone knows a cheaper place to get them up here?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=358337

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 29
No problem. B&H is reputable, safe and has been in NYC for many years. I live near them and have bought many things there with no serious problems. I've bought, auditioned and returned several headphones and always found their customer service department to be courteous. Buy with peace of mind and enjoy.

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 29
Very reputable, call them and ask a bunch of questions, they love that.
evil_smiley.gif

Ordered photo gear many times from them.

Sam

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #4 of 29
B&H is one of the biggest names in photo gear, I'm buying there for many years. Never have any problems, returned a lot of stuff, they'll even pay the shipping back if there's a problem with it. You have to see the store in NYC..it's spectacular.

Don't worry

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 29
My only complaint is their preorder system, or more accurately, the complete lack of one.

Oh, and there's the insane amount of store closings (even online) for holidays, but I guess I can't fault them for following religious protocols to a T. Not just execs taking holidays and making everyone else work for them during.

-Ed

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 29
They're good. I actually ordered all my MDR-7506's there, they have a decent price. They are probably the largest out there for professional video and photography. So dont worry about them disappearing anytime tomorrow.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:30 AM Post #10 of 29
Always a pleasure ordering from them. I was going to say spring for the Beyer replacement pads while you're at it, but it looks like they're out of stock at the moment. Matter of fact, I just got my own pair of Beyer replacement pads within the last two weeks from B&H, so I must've gotten one of their last few pairs.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #11 of 29
Being a photographer I buy a **** load of stuff from B&H over the years and they are very good.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #12 of 29
B&H are quite good, other than their rather high minimum shipping charges for Canadian orders (I get around this by ordering multiple items from them once or twice a year). You should remember that you will be charged Canadian sales tax on the price of the item along with a $5 fee when Canada Post delivers the headphones. It will be around C$106 + C$12 tax + C$5 Canada Post fee = C$123 all told (assuming 15% sales tax -- I am not sure which province you're in, as well as a 1.17 exchange rate on a credit card). Also, I would expect air mail to take at least 1-1/2-2 weeks or more depending on where you live.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #13 of 29
I got my beyers and akg's from there. Great prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back