WW Platinum Eclipse 6 IC's On the Way!
Jun 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Da5Id

Head-Fier
Yesterday I ordered a set of Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 6 Interconnects from The Cable Company to put between my Invicta and Stratus. Wireworld just updated their line to "7" in March, and so these interconnects were 1/2 price. So now instead of outlandishly expensive they're only ridiculously expensive. I'll be replacing a set of Nordost Red Dawn IC's that I've had since 1999, which are the best IC's I've ever used/had. Last night I replaced a custom made 75ohm SPDIF cable from my Bryston to the DAC with a Cardas AES/EBU, and the result was a smoother/less grainy and somewhat punchier and focused sound. Not drastic, but definitely audible.

I'm assuming that the WW IC's might be a dramatic improvement to what was an otherwise fantastic sounding setup. I'm getting them today and can't wait to get home tonight! I'll report back with the results. 

Steve

Jun 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 6
Ok, so they actually sent a set of platinum eclipse 7 interconnects. They are definitely more resolving than the red dawns they replaced. Probably the two things most immediately apparent were much improved 3D placement of instruments and voices, and everything is very realistic sounding. Almost scary so. It's very noticeable when listening for texture, such as wood, glass, plastic, footsteps, hand claps, etc. I was listening to a song that has the sound of someone walking around and it really did sound like it was in the room and circling around me back and forth. Very cool! The 3D instrument placement is awesome. It's very obvious, for instance, if a cymbal is immediately to your left and then another instrument like guitar is also to the left but farther away. It's very consistent in this regard. 

One big surprise was how the interconnects impacted my headphones. The HD800's are now more enjoyable with a much wider selection of music. Before, I enjoyed the 800's with probably 30% of my library and now I find them wonderful with probably 70 or 80% of music. Highs are much smoother and less glaring on difficult music. It's quite a major change. OTOH, the LCD-3's didn't take to the change so well. I thought that they were a little strident with the stock cable (in balanced mode). I was a little dismayed until I tried out my Double Helix Molecule SE on the Audezes. Super smooth. Wow, they sound amazing with the aftermarket cable. The results with the headphones was very surprising and something I would have never expected. What a difference a cable makes!

So, do I like the IC's? Yes, I love them. They are incredibly resolving and bring a new level of sophistication to an already great sounding rig. I recommend them, but the price is pretty ridiculous, being more than the DNA Stratus itself. It was an impulse buy that I don't regret now that I have them in the house. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm sure my Crystal Cables IC's will sound better. 
size]

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #5 of 6
>>but the price is pretty ridiculous, being more than the DNA Stratus itself

I'll buy your stratus for 1k. then go and buy $500 amp. I'm sure your IC will bring it to the level of 3-5k amp. you save a ton there.....

Jan 14, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 6
Ok, so they actually sent a set of platinum eclipse 7 interconnects. They are definitely more resolving than the red dawns they replaced. Probably the two things most immediately apparent were much improved 3D placement of instruments and voices, and everything is very realistic sounding. Almost scary so. It's very noticeable when listening for texture, such as wood, glass, plastic, footsteps, hand claps, etc. I was listening to a song that has the sound of someone walking around and it really did sound like it was in the room and circling around me back and forth. Very cool! The 3D instrument placement is awesome. It's very obvious, for instance, if a cymbal is immediately to your left and then another instrument like guitar is also to the left but farther away. It's very consistent in this regard.

One big surprise was how the interconnects impacted my headphones. The HD800's are now more enjoyable with a much wider selection of music. Before, I enjoyed the 800's with probably 30% of my library and now I find them wonderful with probably 70 or 80% of music. Highs are much smoother and less glaring on difficult music. It's quite a major change. OTOH, the LCD-3's didn't take to the change so well. I thought that they were a little strident with the stock cable (in balanced mode). I was a little dismayed until I tried out my Double Helix Molecule SE on the Audezes. Super smooth. Wow, they sound amazing with the aftermarket cable. The results with the headphones was very surprising and something I would have never expected. What a difference a cable makes!

So, do I like the IC's? Yes, I love them. They are incredibly resolving and bring a new level of sophistication to an already great sounding rig. I recommend them, but the price is pretty ridiculous, being more than the DNA Stratus itself. It was an impulse buy that I don't regret now that I have them in the house.

Have you compared WireWorld with other *silver* interconnects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back