WTT: Ultrasone PROline 750 for AKG K701 (or make offer)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Trade
Currency
USD
Price
Jan 3, 2012 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kukuk

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello folks, it's that time again. Up for trade is a pair of Ultrasone PROline 750's. I very recently got these in a trade (as of writing this I've owned them for about a month), and while I'm enjoying them immensely for many things, they don't suit folk music (my favorite genre) very well. They have absolutely awesome bass, with great treble detail that only rarely becomes harsh, but they are lacking that nice mid-range that makes folk really shine. I imagine these would be incredible with electronic or hip hop, and surprisingly they do very well with classical, but those aren't my main genres.

Condition on the headphones is very good. If I didn't know better I'd think I was the first owner. Really immaculate, considering the box looks like it's seen a good number of owners. The headphones come with straight cable and coiled cable, as well as a short straight cable terminated with a 1/4" jack (since the headphones don't have the adapter). It also comes with a pair of the original extra ear pads, all of which are clean (as are the ones that are on the headphones). Since these are the PROline model, and not the PRO model, they don't come with a carrying case, only the paper box.

So what am I wanting to get out of these? I think my criteria for a replacement headphone is quite low, all I really need is a nice mid range, anything on top of that is just icing. It's really hard to find what kind of value in a trade these have, so I'm open to any offers assuming the headphone have a nice mid range, though headphones of particular interest include:

AKG K701/K702/Q701
Sennheiser HD589
Shure SRH-940
Sony MDR-CD900ST
Ultrasone HFI-2200
Beyerdynamics (I think the 250 Ohm version would be best for my Little Dot I+)
HiFiMAN HE-300 (are those of similar value? I've seen them go as low as $175, so I might as well throw this out there)

I'd also be interested in trading for lesser value headphones, if you want to trade a couple pairs. Headphones of interest include:

Fostex T50RP (unmodded)
Sony MDR-ZX700's
Vintage AKG's
KRK KNS-8400

I think if I were trading for a couple lower-end headphones, I'd only really be comfortable if I could audition them, if you'd be comfortable with that. I do have some feedback on my page, if it puts your mind as ease any.

If you have any other offers besides those listen, feel free to make an offer, I'll entertain any reasonable offer.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #2 of 3

Kukuk

Headphoneus Supremus
Leaning more toward the K701's now, but any offers are still welcome!

Jan 15, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 3

Kukuk

Headphoneus Supremus
I may consider selling now, if the offer is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread