WTT/FS: Your HF-2 for "Jahn's Ridiculous Dog Walkin' Rig!"
Jul 14, 2009 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
[size=small]Portable Rig[/size][size=small] (The "[/size][size=small]Dog Walkin' Rig[/size][size=small]"):[/size][size=small]30gig 5G iPod Video(Black)[/size][size=small] w/[/size][size=small]BestSkinEver (Back/Sides)[/size][size=small] & [/size][size=small]InvisibleShield (Front/Scrollwheel)[/size][size=small] & [/size][size=small]PodsPlus Black Aluminum Case[/size][size=small] => [/size][size=small]Apple Radio Remote[/size][size=small] w/[/size][size=small]Sumajin Smartwrap[/size][size=small] => [/size][size=small]RnBAudio "The Jahn" Custom BlackDiamond 4" Mini/Mini Cable w/Gold Straight Plugs[/size][size=small] => [/size][size=small]"The Original Green Hornet" w/ "M" mods by Ray Samuels Audio[/size] [size=small]=> Lowepro Camera Bag => [/size][size=small]Koss Portapro2-Silver Recabled by EnigmaAudio[/size]

[size=small]So there you go. A tried and true rig, ready to go, for the can you just got that you can't bond with. Noooo way am I parting this all out since it all goes together "synergistically" (meaning, a pain in the neck to pack and ship in little pieces) - if you'd like to offer cash so I can buy my own HF-2, that works too of course! I'll take pics of the whole shebang when I get home, I should have a charger for the iPod as well, I'll toss that in. Thanks![/size]

Okeydoke here are the pics - I'm going to toss in a Head-Fest 2007 IC dock for the iPod too, in case you don't want the Ipod Radio Remote as a dock (I like it, but you may not). I found the chargers for the ipod and Hornet, so you're all set! Here they are all splayed out, and in DogWalkingMode:

P1000924.jpg

P1000925.jpg

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 12

Jahn

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hurry up James.

Todd said he has less than 10 left..

whaaaaaaaaaa?
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 12

Jahn

Alright, I'm motivated. Time to part this baby OUT! USA folks only for quick resolutions on my end! Yes, Alaska and Hawaii, I embrace you!

1) The Green Hornet, with recharger wallwart and whatever killer battery is in there that gives me a week's worth of amping, for about 7 hours+ constant use. USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance, paypal will cover it. - SOLD

2) The PortaPros silver recabled by Enigma Audio. RIDICULOUS bass, so make certain to use the adjustable clamping on the PortaPro, i use it on Medium to get some of the thump still. With all that bass, it's still darn clear, far less muddy than stock, but beware, the silver recabling screams Bling and is far beefier than the spaghetti wire used by Koss. Hmm, let's say TRADED

3) The mini IC by RnBAudio WITH ipod dock dongle from Headfest 2007. I've tried tons of short ICs before but they've always failed due to constant use. RnB made one just for me that must have had Gorilla Snot weaved into every joint because this thing has been failproof for years - sounds great too! I think this went for $90 back in the day, so let's halve that at $45 paypal. Heck, I don't keep up with prices these days so I'm just guessing this is fair. USPS Priority with Deliv. Conf - we don't really need insurance for a cable and dongle, right? If you want insurance we'll just add a few bucks.

4) What's a lowepro camera bag go for these days? I have no idea. You can have this one for $15 paypal shipped USPS Priority with Deliv Conf. - It's squishy so it doesn't need insurance, but yep I'll keep that as an option if you like.

5) Last but not least, the ipod with all the case and screens and remote and charger stuff in the pic above. I've seen them go on average for about $115-125 on eBay in busted up condition, just the iPod, so I figure with my non-busted iPod and all the extra stuff I'm offering, $100 USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and Insurance should do the trick. Plus, it's packed with all these lovely reference tunes from 2006-present from our NYC head-fi meets, but as per Not Being Illegal I can wipe those offa there if you like before shipping. Not a bad platform to have Vinnie do a Red Wine Audio Mod to either, right?

So there you go. I figure that after paypal fees and S&H I'll still have enough left over to get that HF-2 can, but this would be all much simpler if someone just wants to do a straight swap or buy the whole thing for NOW only $150 shipped (Sans Hornet, it's sold) from me. As a whole, this rig has had tons of thought (and posts! and cash!) put behind it to make it all work nicely together, so yep it would be a shame to break up - but I'm putting the option out there for y'all, thanks!

As an extra bonus, once the whole rig is gone, I think that'll be the sign to finally erase this monster signature of mine, since it will be very much out of date at that point. Heck, all the links are all broken already anyhow!

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 12

oldskoolboarder

100+ Head-Fier
PM sent.

Jul 16, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 12

Jahn

Hornet sold, get the rest in a package deal for $200!

Jul 19, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 12

Jahn

Hmm thinking of putting the ipod up on eBay to get things moving...

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #12 of 12

Jahn

Bump for an update! Not much more to go now...Hmm I wonder if I'll make it for round two of the HF-2s, if there is gonna be such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread