For Sale
Currency
GBP
Price
Jun 5, 2013 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jimbob747

100+ Head-Fier
The babble
So, quite a while ago I sold pretty much all of my 'Head-Fi fodder' and thought it best to delve into the world of speakers, Head-Fi'rst!

I made the mistake of selling my SR-007s & Srm-1/Mk-2 recently, myself and my girlfriend (especially) are feeling the aftershock of no quiet/private listening. As I'm sure many of you know, selling a few thousand pounds worth of something or other you probably want/or need is easily done when you're engrossed in a hobby such as critical listening... The unfortunate few may also know how much more easily it's done when you're buying loudspeakers... (which seem to have no actual 'high-end') the price just continues to increase into annual wages and beyond.

On to the matter at hand:

So after all the babble here's what I want from YOU!

A reasonably priced rig for around £1500 I'm willing to pay more or less if the deal is stellar. 
I'm looking for a big name as far as accuracy is concerned, HD700/HD800?

The amp needs to be able to power the headphone to a reasonable extent and the inclusion of a DAC is to your discretion, although it would probably be quite handy seeing as my rig is going to be relocated into my study (Currently Hi-Fi free-zone).

Signature isn't actually all that much of a problem for me any more, I tend to learn to like anything as long as it is proficient and not too garish (Which I know the HD700 can be but shhh...) 

The painful truth:

This probably isn't going to work, I'm probably not going to agree with what you're offering, or indeed the price/performance ratio.
I haven't really got the time to search these forums and I don't want to pay full price for products either, I'm lazy and tight...

Surely there's hope?!

Of course there's hope, I've seen some amazing whole rig offers recently;
Eg:  Audeze LCD-2 rev.2 (bamboo), Burson HA-160D from ITCW -$1,600

Audeze LCD-2 rev.2, O2 DAC + AMP - $1,500 (Ashamed to say I can't remember who posted this)

I hear you ask "If these offers are so good why don't you go ahead with them!".
It seems many group offers are shipped to CONUS only also my biggest pet peeve is to have an uncomfortable headphone AKA: LCD, HE, Etc... (IMO)

All I humbly ask then, is for you to hand over your highly researched and sort after rigs for a fraction of the price you paid, for no reason other than I've asked!

SO, GOODLUCK! 

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 9

jimbob747

100+ Head-Fier
My Girlfriend has allowed me up to double the price previously stated... More money bump

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 9

JonRGM

New Head-Fier
Ive got a little dot 1+ and grado 225i cans I'm looking to unload, let me know if you're interested. It's not the hi priced setup you're looking for but it sounds very very nice :)

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread