1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

WTB SPDIF reclocker, eg. Firestone Bravo

Trader History (1)
  1. dunkyboy
    Type:
    Wanted
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    I need a device to re-clock and de-jitter the optical TOSlink output of my AirPort Express. I have an iFi SPDIF iPurifier, which works great but has compatibility issues with my DAC. Firestone Bravo would be great, but will consider similar.

Thanks,
    Dunc

2. feelingears
    Wyred 4 Sound Reclocker is outstanding. Or is it Remedy? I can't keep those straight but mine is fantastic for coax BNC into my DAC. Cost effective too.

dunkyboy likes this.
  3. dunkyboy
    Yes! Though I was under the impression they were rather more expensive?

Dunc

4. feelingears
    Well, we haven't quoted any prices yet, so I don't know what your idea of expensive is. That said, I think they are reasonably priced if you get one used.

5. feelingears
    I should not have said quoted because mine is not for sale! :)

6. dunkyboy
    I just remembered why I ruled out the Remedy originally - it always outputs 96KHz no matter the input! My DAC is almost 20 years old and limited to 48KHz, so it’s a no-go.

Thanks though.

Dunc

7. feelingears
    Dunc, thanks for this note! Somehow I missed that "little" detail, but my ears haven't-- I've wondered why my setup has done so well against others and this is probably a big part of it because I thought I was listening to 44.1... Hmmmm, this likely explains why my coax beat USB via mRendu by a hair.

Ya learn something new everyday.