[WTB] Sony MDR Z7M2 rental so it can be measured and EQd
Jun 6, 2020 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

XM3orZ7m2

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there, I'm looking to rent your Z7m2s so that their measurements can be added to a great historical archive of Frequency Responses and EQs.

Many of you know the well respected community member, oratory1990. He is an audio engineer that measures and creates EQ to match the Harman Target as well as his own tastes and publishes them for the world to use. He's been very generous in measuring hundreds of headphones and earphones to the community; check out the list of everything he's measured: https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets. His reputation has has made him the primary source in measurements in tools such as autoEQ, which will automatically import EQ tunings from compilations like oratory1990's.

Since you're wanting to part ways with your Z7m2, why not make 25 dollars or euros off of it? I'd pay you enough to cover two way shipping to there and back, as well as an extra $25 to keep for yourself. The Z1R and Z7 have already been measured, but not the Z7m2, which is why we need your help.

Comment in this thread if you're interested ship your z7m2. There would be no cost to the shipper, the total cost should be around $100 ($25 to pay shipper, $50 for two way shipping, and a $25 to tip oratory1990). Please comment if you'd like to help me fund the other $75 dollars. Fundraiser details in the second post.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 3

XM3orZ7m2

100+ Head-Fier
Fundraiser details: $25 / $100 :beerchug:
This is a fundraiser aimed at owners of the Sony Z7m2 to have an parameterized EQ produced by the best EQer in the world, oratory1990. Loosely, $25 of the $100 will go to the person shipping the headphones, $50 should be enough to cover two way shipping no matter where they live, and the last $25 would be a good token of appreciation from Z7m2 owners to oratory1990, an audio engineer who has produced nearly 500 EQ highest quality presets.

I will be funding a quarter of it by providing the $25 dollars to pay tip to the person shipping the headphones, please help me fund the rest, Z7m2 owners. I'll organize everything, but I won't be needing payment until we get to the $75 dollar sum.

If you would to contribute to the fundraising goal help please comment below with how much you would donate when we eventually meet the goal. If you'd like to be providing the pair of headphones to be shipped, please also comment below. We'll probably be taking the first volunteer, unless someone pops up who is extremely close to Vienna, Austria.

Jun 7, 2020 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 3

newworld666

500+ Head-Fier
I am living in France and not using my Z7M2 so much, I think I can participate in this project and send my Z7M2 Headphone to Vienna. Basically, I just want my headphone to be back. I will pay for sending it and no need to get some money back for renting it... Just, I am interested to see your PEQ results, I will compare with mine made with a minidsp ears in my office.
Give me details by PM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread