WTB: SonicAdventure Reality
post-208526
Post #1 of 2

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Reality, however I noticed the site bumped their prices up 70 bucks from when I first considered it. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one more around the 300 mark, or have one they'd care to sell?

post-208787
Post #2 of 2

ServinginEcuador

Founder of the Head-Fi Pay-to-Post Program.
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by Gopher
I'm looking for a Reality, however I noticed the site bumped their prices up 70 bucks from when I first considered it. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one more around the 300 mark, or have one they'd care to sell?

Hate to say this, but there is one, and only one, Reality that is in the US as the result of a sale. Mine
, and it is definitely NOT for sale. There is another trial unit floating around for testing and evaluation purposes, but I have heard the waiting list is a couple months long. I hope that someone else buys the updated units and writes a review here on Head-Fi so I'm not the lone wolf telling everyone else to buy one. It's really an excellent unit!!

I also believe the trial amp is also loaded with different, and inferior, capacitors made by Solen. The current production amp comes with WIMA caps and has much greater detail to it. This might also sway some to make the purchase as it supposedly made an improvement on the sound.

PS - if you do buy the amp, make sure you START off with some inexpensive Amperex 6DJ8 "A" frame, made in Holland, globe logo tubes!! I own some REALLY, REALLY expensive Siemens CCa, 6922s, and other Amperex 7308s, and these cheaper tubes are better than all the rest in every way possible. If you don't believe me I will GLADLY sell you a pair of the CCa or 6922s!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)