1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

WTB Shure SE846s

Trader History (5)
  1. cardboardhome
    Type:
    Wanted
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Looking to buy a pair of Shure SE846s. Located in US-TX.

2. szore
    Just curious; why the 846? So many better choices out there. The 846 is rather passe' nowadays...

3. cardboardhome
    Well I was originally looking to maybe get a pair of CIEMs, but they are quite pricey. I saw the SE846s were reviewed well and you seem to be able to get a used pair for a pretty significant discount compare to new. What alternative IEMs would you recommend? I'm definitely open to alternatives.

4. szore
    Personally, for that price range, I would look at a used pair of CA Andromedas.

5. cardboardhome
    Ah I'll look into them, thanks for the suggestion! It looks like they may be a bit above my price range tho.

6. szore
    What's your budget?

7. cardboardhome
    Oh realize i didn't list a price, ~$400. Here's the context of what I'm looking for: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/por...ncelling-setup-500-1000.922868/#post-15406907
    I started with IEMs and eventually transitioned to full open back headphones with a dac/amp, but found it's a bit less practical and that I value portability. What I'm thinking now is a pair of nice IEMs and a pair of bluetooth workout IEMs. I currently have a pair of Bose QC25 for plane rides, though they don't sound great, more decent.

8. max1236
    I would go for something like galaxy buds, well reviewed and can probably be had for cheap. They're night be a better tws now though not sure.

9. szore
    Well if you can get a pair of 846 for $400 jump on it. They retail new for $900...

max1236 likes this.
  10. cardboardhome
    Yeah I searched through and saw they'd gone for that or even below that price before and am fortunately not in any rush. Do you know how the SE846 pair with a smartphone directly? I have a DAC/AMP, but it's not particularly portable which is the whole reason I'm looking to move to IEMs.

Yeah maybe I should look into these more, I was thinking the Jaybird vista since they seem to be reviewed pretty well and are specifically for working out.

11. szore
    Well, the Jaybird and the 846 are 2 different animals. 846 is audiophile grade, Jaybird are just consumer. The 846 has smooth treble which I think would pair well with a smartphone, but it may be overkill. If your looking for 'smart phone' level performance for working out, the Jaybird maybe the better option for you.

12. cardboardhome
    Yeah I was thinking of getting both and selling my HD6XX's, ifi black label micro, and dt770s. I also have a pair of AKG n90q's i'm returning b/c they leak too much sound and are a bit of a hassle to use. Really like the sound of the n90q's and hd650's tho

13. cardboardhome
    bump

14. cardboardhome
    bump