WTB: Grado HP1/HP2
Nov 24, 2008 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

leberserkfury

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pair of Grado HP1/HP2 in mint/great condition. If you're interested in selling, please message with

asking price. I'm relatively new to the forum and I did only 1 transaction so far. You can check the feedback here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/leberserkfury-382329/

My account name on ebay is berserkfury and I have some feedback there.

Thanks,
David

Nov 25, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #4 of 50

leberserkfury

100+ Head-Fier
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 50

fkclo

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by leberserkfury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
offering top dollars for a pair in great condition.
smily_headphones1.gif

A HP-1 in mint condition will cost close to US$2800. Just want to understand what you mean by top dollars.

F. Lo

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #10 of 50

subtle

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A HP-1 in mint condition will cost close to US$2800. Just want to understand what you mean by top dollars.

F. Lo

No way in heck they are that pricey now. Really!? That's absolutely insane.

For that price I would run away as fast as possible. The $/performance ratio of the HP-1000 series is worth nowhere near that much. The maximum I would ever pay again for a mint HP2 with all the red lettering intact is $1750. The PS-1 and L3000 clearly outperform them all over the place and they don't even sell for that much.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 50

robm321

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS-1 and L3000 clearly outperform them all over the place and they don't even sell for that much.

Very innacurate statement. IMO the PS-1s and L3000s are overpriced. I think a good HP-1 or HP-2 is still under the $2K mark.

It's more a matter of preference. When the PS-1 was the same price as the HP-2 (both came up used for $1,500), I chose the HP-2s.

It simply was more accurate, less colored, etc. the several times that I heard the L3000 and almost decided to get them (just because everyone said it was the best rocker), I couldn't get myself to like the sound better than the HP-2s... and I really tried.

It's simply a matter of preference, but they are all on the same level of refinement. BTW, I really like the PS-1 and L3000. I just happen to like the HP-2s better.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #12 of 50

riceboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way in heck they are that pricey now. Really!? That's absolutely insane.

For that price I would run away as fast as possible. The $/performance ratio of the HP-1000 series is worth nowhere near that much. The maximum I would ever pay again for a mint HP2 with all the red lettering intact is $1750. The PS-1 and L3000 clearly outperform them all over the place and they don't even sell for that much.

I never heard of the price being at $2800 here. If there was a price someone please chime in
smily_headphones1.gif
. I saw it go between $1750 and $1850 for all the red lettering in tact and it was in mint/pristine condition with the Joe Grado Ultra Cable on it.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #14 of 50

subtle

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very innacurate statement. IMO the PS-1s and L3000s are overpriced. I think a good HP-1 or HP-2 is still under the $2K mark.

It's more a matter of preference. When the PS-1 was the same price as the HP-2 (both came up used for $1,500), I chose the HP-2s.

It simply was more accurate, less colored, etc. the several times that I heard the L3000 and almost decided to get them (just because everyone said it was the best rocker), I couldn't get myself to like the sound better than the HP-2s... and I really tried.

It's simply a matter of preference, but they are all on the same level of refinement. BTW, I really like the PS-1 and L3000. I just happen to like the HP-2s better.

I respect your opinion, however after owning all three for an extensive period of time I could just never go back to the HP2's. They are rolled off at both ends of the spectrum and just sound a bit dry, dull, and lifeless compared to the other two, most specifically the PS1. Personally I found the accuracy, low level detail retrieval, and soundstage of the PS1 to be very noticeably superior to the HP2, however it clearly loses out to them when it comes to neutrality and coloration. I also find both to be more refined, although I completely agree that all three are so close to each other that it will come down to personal preference.

If I had never tried the PS1 or L3000, both of which I picked up after the HP2, then I would be completely content with the HP-1000. It is an amazing headphone no doubt, but I guess I'm just one that enjoys a slight coloration. It just doesn't get me in to the music on an emotional level like the other two.

I realize it is just my opinion, but I would personally never spend anywhere near $2800 for an HP-1000. That's about $1000-1300 too high last time I bothered to keep up with their market value. I can understand someone paying that much if it is "the one" for them, but after experiencing other top tier headphones and going simply on my own price/performance ratio, they are just not worth anywhere near that kind of cash.

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #15 of 50

subtle

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never heard of the price being at $2800 here. If there was a price someone please chime in
smily_headphones1.gif
. I saw it go between $1750 and $1850 for all the red lettering in tact and it was in mint/pristine condition with the Joe Grado Ultra Cable on it.

Exactly. I think that it may have been a typo and that he meant to put $1800.

Users who are viewing this thread