Type
Wanted
Currency
USD
Price
May 9, 2015 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TWerk

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently had TH900, sold it, and now I'm missing it only a few days later. Go figure.

I'd like to try the TH600 this time. Looking for a deal. Shoot me your best offer...

May 9, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2 of 6

kuchumovn

New Head-Fier
I previously sold my TH600s while the TH900s were being shipped.
Because it's a higher grade model, right? Sure thing they're gonna be better! So I didn't need my TH600s anymore.
I was dreaming about how they arrive and I unpack them and give them a listen and it will be a big difference for the better.
A major disappointment upon arrival (both had a couple of hundred hours of "warm up").
Sold them the next day.
But when I was auditioning 900s in a local audio store I found them to be much better than 600s. "Psychoacoustics", they say. Or simply "placebo".
Now I'm hesitating buying 600s again because they're still very bright for me.
HD650s are literally the only headphones I can use, and I tried many...

* In the 600s thread I read that there was a discount recently: $500 for a new unused.

May 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #3 of 6

TWerk

Headphoneus Supremus
Great post...

Did you find the 600's to sound more bright than the 900's? I found the 900's to be pretty bright, but it was tolerable, and I overall enjoyed them quite a bit. If the 600's are more bright, it will probably be too much, since the 900's were already pushing my buttons.

I've tried warmer headphones, and find they can lack some excitement for me, just kinda boring. I have not tried 650, I'd love to based on all the great reviews for them on here, but I think, for me, they'd be a little bland.

It's quite hard to find that perfect balance with bass and treble!

May 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 6

kuchumovn

New Head-Fier
  Great post...

Did you find the 600's to sound more bright than the 900's? I found the 900's to be pretty bright, but it was tolerable, and I overall enjoyed them quite a bit. If the 600's are more bright, it will probably be too much, since the 900's were already pushing my buttons.

I've tried warmer headphones, and find they can lack some excitement for me, just kinda boring. I have not tried 650, I'd love to based on all the great reviews for them on here, but I think, for me, they'd be a little bland.

It's quite hard to find that perfect balance with bass and treble!

Before buying TH900s I made a big research on how they compare to TH600s.
From what I gathered TH900s are superior in soundstage and detail, and refinement.
As for me, I found them to be more V-shaped than TH600s (as other reviewers state).
I found them to be as sweet as honey, as if I was put into a honey barrel and that's what I didn't like about them.
Every human has a unique ear and for a major part of audiophiles TH900s and TH600s aren't bright at all, and they can enjoy these awesome headphones because they're awesome (and HD650s are so boring after Fostexes).
I would say that TH600s are a bit more laid back than TH900s, a little more "linear".
I'm not an expert though, and Burson Conductor SL Sabre is the most expensive gear I can afford at the moment.

May 9, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 6

TWerk

Headphoneus Supremus
What was it that made you think the 900's sounded "sweet"? IDK that I'd describe them as "sweet" sounding. Do you mean musical?

I usually think "sweet" is a characteristic of the midrange, vocals maybe. 

May 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #6 of 6

kuchumovn

New Head-Fier
  What was it that made you think the 900's sounded "sweet"? IDK that I'd describe them as "sweet" sounding. Do you mean musical?

I usually think "sweet" is a characteristic of the midrange, vocals maybe. 

I guess honey for me stands for too much "sweetness" (too good).
It was like I was swimming in a honey lake, slooow and sweet.
Not that the headphone are slow but that your mind is like that scene from the Matrix:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread