Type
Wanted
Currency
USD
Price
May 22, 2013 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

minami

New Head-Fier
Trying my best to find a replacement for the expired driver unit in my MDR R10.

Whether it is a pair of R10 with only one working driver unit or a spare driver unit that you would consider selling, please don't hesitate to contact me!!

May 22, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 12

e19650826

100+ Head-Fier
just my 2 cent. It doesn't really work that way. Each driver is tuned differently and with drivers from two different pairs, even if the serial numbers were consecutive two, the tonal difference would be pretty significant. Pairing is of most importance. You can try, but it most likley won't sound right.

May 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 12

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
just my 2 cent. It doesn't really work that way. Each driver is tuned differently and with drivers from two different pairs, even if the serial numbers were consecutive two, the tonal difference would be pretty significant. Pairing is of most importance. You can try, but it most likley won't sound right.

I second that as there are 4 drivers versions on the R10.  Good lucks however.

May 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #4 of 12

minami

New Head-Fier
Quote:

Thank you for your info! I believe you that even if I repair my R10 this way it would not sound as good as it was, but I still want to give it a try!

Sep 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #9 of 12

minami

New Head-Fier
I've contacted Sony America and Sony Japan, and apparently they absolutely have no drivers left. The only things they have are the engineering models which don't have serial numbers on the headbands, but those are only distributed to people whose R10's were damaged by Sony engineers during maintenance.

Sep 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 12

purk

Headphoneus Supremus
  I've contacted Sony America and Sony Japan, and apparently they absolutely have no drivers left. The only things they have are the engineering models which don't have serial numbers on the headbands, but those are only distributed to people whose R10's were damaged by Sony engineers during maintenance.

I got one of those "engineering models".  Good lucks man...really.  What driver number number do you need again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread