WTB: <~$60, mid-high isolation, balanced IEM
Oct 13, 2016 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
Gonna keep this short and sweet. I haven't been on here in a while. I'm looking for headphones for my GF so she can get some decent SQ and good to better sound isolation while not inserting Etymotic-level stems into her ear canals. So these need to be more comfortable then that. Price range is around $25-60, give or take. Sound signature should ideally stay away from hot treble detail hogs and boosted bass hounds. So something more balanced, refined, even vocal-centric is okay. These will primarily be used in the office. Extra things like mics, BT, noise-cancelling, etc. are welcomed, but definitely not necessary. Please let me know if you need more details!

In my short time researching, I've come across a few maybes, but would like to expand that list because we are willing to buy multiple headphones in order to find a better fit.

Tennmak Pro
Tennmak Piano
VJJB K4
KZ ATE

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Apparently not a lot of fans in the budget IEM realm.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 10
There are loads of threads like this one on the forum already. Things that usually get mentioned are ljokerl's headphone list, and the standard models for this budget would be: xiaomi piston, DUNU trident, Meeaudio A151P and M6 pro, Soundmagic e30 (or are those old now?) or stretching your budget to HiFiMan RE-400 or VSonic GR07. You might consider the audio technica line-up too. Can't recall the exact number nor the price, but one or two of the cheaper models in their latest line-up were pretty balanced sounding.

I'd recommend using the power of the 'search bar' and the wonderful institution called 'Google' a bit more too; don't know the headphones you mentioned, and don't think I've seen them on the standard lists (EDIT: apart from the KZ ATE, which is supposed to be good but I've never heard it), but they could still be amazing.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 10
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805930/best-sub-100-chinese-brands-earphones-thread-hidden-gems-personal-favorite-best-deals-and-impressions-sharing-for-audiophile-on-budget-include-best-chinese-headphones-dap-section/ This should be able to help give suggestions as it specializes in earphones like you mentioned.

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 10
  There are loads of threads like this one on the forum already. Things that usually get mentioned are ljokerl's headphone list, and the standard models for this budget would be: xiaomi piston, DUNU trident, Meeaudio A151P and M6 pro, Soundmagic e30 (or are those old now?) or stretching your budget to HiFiMan RE-400 or VSonic GR07. You might consider the audio technica line-up too. Can't recall the exact number nor the price, but one or two of the cheaper models in their latest line-up were pretty balanced sounding.

I'd recommend using the power of the 'search bar' and the wonderful institution called 'Google' a bit more too; don't know the headphones you mentioned, and don't think I've seen them on the standard lists (EDIT: apart from the KZ ATE, which is supposed to be good but I've never heard it), but they could still be amazing.

I've searched, a lot. Hence the post. I'll read up on a few of your recs

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805930/best-sub-100-chinese-brands-earphones-thread-hidden-gems-personal-favorite-best-deals-and-impressions-sharing-for-audiophile-on-budget-include-best-chinese-headphones-dap-section/ This should be able to help give suggestions as it specializes in earphones like you mentioned.

Thanks for the link

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #7 of 10
I should mention KZ ATE is known for handling bass boosting to basshead levels, and I personally feel the Piano is more balanced and to me seems a more detailed/talented IEM.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 10
If you want a fairly neutral IEM Havi B3 Pro is very good.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 10
We went with the Tennmak Pro and the MaGaosi HLSX-808.

The Tennmak is impressive! Especially at low listening levels. Very clear and non-fatiguing. I'm curious about the Piano now >.>

MaGaosi has not arrived yet.

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #10 of 10
**** 4 in 1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back