WTB: <~$60, mid-high isolation, balanced IEM
Oct 13, 2016 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
Gonna keep this short and sweet. I haven't been on here in a while. I'm looking for headphones for my GF so she can get some decent SQ and good to better sound isolation while not inserting Etymotic-level stems into her ear canals. So these need to be more comfortable then that. Price range is around $25-60, give or take. Sound signature should ideally stay away from hot treble detail hogs and boosted bass hounds. So something more balanced, refined, even vocal-centric is okay. These will primarily be used in the office. Extra things like mics, BT, noise-cancelling, etc. are welcomed, but definitely not necessary. Please let me know if you need more details!

In my short time researching, I've come across a few maybes, but would like to expand that list because we are willing to buy multiple headphones in order to find a better fit.

Tennmak Pro
Tennmak Piano
VJJB K4
KZ ATE

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #2 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
ttt

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
Apparently not a lot of fans in the budget IEM realm.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 10

wolfjeanne

100+ Head-Fier
There are loads of threads like this one on the forum already. Things that usually get mentioned are ljokerl's headphone list, and the standard models for this budget would be: xiaomi piston, DUNU trident, Meeaudio A151P and M6 pro, Soundmagic e30 (or are those old now?) or stretching your budget to HiFiMan RE-400 or VSonic GR07. You might consider the audio technica line-up too. Can't recall the exact number nor the price, but one or two of the cheaper models in their latest line-up were pretty balanced sounding.

I'd recommend using the power of the 'search bar' and the wonderful institution called 'Google' a bit more too; don't know the headphones you mentioned, and don't think I've seen them on the standard lists (EDIT: apart from the KZ ATE, which is supposed to be good but I've never heard it), but they could still be amazing.

Oct 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 10

Saoshyant

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.head-fi.org/t/805930/best-sub-100-chinese-brands-earphones-thread-hidden-gems-personal-favorite-best-deals-and-impressions-sharing-for-audiophile-on-budget-include-best-chinese-headphones-dap-section/ This should be able to help give suggestions as it specializes in earphones like you mentioned.

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #6 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
  There are loads of threads like this one on the forum already. Things that usually get mentioned are ljokerl's headphone list, and the standard models for this budget would be: xiaomi piston, DUNU trident, Meeaudio A151P and M6 pro, Soundmagic e30 (or are those old now?) or stretching your budget to HiFiMan RE-400 or VSonic GR07. You might consider the audio technica line-up too. Can't recall the exact number nor the price, but one or two of the cheaper models in their latest line-up were pretty balanced sounding.

I'd recommend using the power of the 'search bar' and the wonderful institution called 'Google' a bit more too; don't know the headphones you mentioned, and don't think I've seen them on the standard lists (EDIT: apart from the KZ ATE, which is supposed to be good but I've never heard it), but they could still be amazing.

I've searched, a lot. Hence the post. I'll read up on a few of your recs

http://www.head-fi.org/t/805930/best-sub-100-chinese-brands-earphones-thread-hidden-gems-personal-favorite-best-deals-and-impressions-sharing-for-audiophile-on-budget-include-best-chinese-headphones-dap-section/ This should be able to help give suggestions as it specializes in earphones like you mentioned.

Thanks for the link

Oct 16, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #7 of 10

Saoshyant

Headphoneus Supremus
I should mention KZ ATE is known for handling bass boosting to basshead levels, and I personally feel the Piano is more balanced and to me seems a more detailed/talented IEM.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 10

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Help and Recommendation Contributor
If you want a fairly neutral IEM Havi B3 Pro is very good.

Oct 19, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 10

treal512

1000+ Head-Fier
We went with the Tennmak Pro and the MaGaosi HLSX-808.

The Tennmak is impressive! Especially at low listening levels. Very clear and non-fatiguing. I'm curious about the Piano now >.>

MaGaosi has not arrived yet.

Users who are viewing this thread