Wrong forum, but anyone have experience with Parasound?
Jun 29, 2005 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm about to order the C1 and A51 to serve as the backbone for my main HT system. I plan on adding JC1 monoblocks later. I haven't heard the pieces myself but am relying on stellar reviews. Anyone on this board have any experience with the Parasound line?

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I'm about to order the C1 and A51 to serve as the backbone for my main HT system. I plan on adding JC1 monoblocks later. I haven't heard the pieces myself but am relying on stellar reviews. Anyone on this board have any experience with the Parasound line?

I heard the C2 and A51 running a home theater system when I picked up my Parasound JC-1 monoblocks. The speakers used were nothing I ever considered special. (Tannoy) but the sound was VERY GOOD! Got to watch movies and listen to two channel. I have owned two other Parasound amps in the past and consider them a step above Rotel, NAD, B&K, and any thing else I have heard in there price range. From what I've read about the C1 it is the end all, beat all HT controller. Someday I am going with the C1 or 2 and one more JC-1 with the two channel brother to the A51. A long way off.....but some day.
I'm betting you will be very happy.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the feedback. That's what i wanted to hear... especially from a fellow Singlepower owner. I wanted something that was a step up from B&K, but not ridiculously priced. Parasound seems to be a good choice for me. How do you like those JC1's? I plan on adding a pair for the mains, when I go 7.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I heard the C2 and A51 running a home theater system when I picked up my Parasound JC-1 monoblocks. The speakers used were nothing I ever considered special. (Tannoy) but the sound was VERY GOOD! Got to watch movies and listen to two channel. I have owned two other Parasound amps in the past and consider them a step above Rotel, NAD, B&K, and any thing else I have heard in there price range. From what I've read about the C1 it is the end all, beat all HT controller. Someday I am going with the C1 or 2 and one more JC-1 with the two channel brother to the A51. A long way off.....but some day.
I'm betting you will be very happy.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Thanks for the feedback. That's what i wanted to hear... especially from a fellow Singlepower owner. I wanted something that was a step up from B&K, but not ridiculously priced. Parasound seems to be a good choice for me. How do you like those JC1's? I plan on adding a pair for the mains, when I go 7.1

I have not got to use them yet. I am waiting for speakers to finish being built from Legacy Audio. I have three weeks left. I'll let you know.
Thats what I plan on doing is using three JC-1s (L-R-C channels) and then add a two channel amp for back speakers. I dont even want to start thinking seven channels!!!
eek.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
I have not got to use them yet. I am waiting for speakers to finish being built from Legacy Audio. I have three weeks left. I'll let you know.
Thats what I plan on doing is using three JC-1s (L-R-C channels) and then add a two channel amp for back speakers. I dont even want to start thinking seven channels!!!
eek.gif

OK, well let's make sure we both report back on our Parasound setups when they get in. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back