Writing a movie script, any advice how to pitch my idea for a movie.
May 14, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #31 of 33

Quote:
At this point, screen play. I don't want to rush anything..It's not something I need at the moment. I'm still fleshing out the characters. I honestly would not want this film to be a mass hit at the box office. If it was, that would be great, but not my goal.. Just having my idea, characters, & story making it to film would be rewarding enough.. I'd rather have it be a cult classic then a big Hollywood hit.. Not looking to be wealthy, but enough money to live comfortable & support my mother.. Right now, I'd like to go the indie route if given the choice.. I have no illusions.. My apologies if I'm making it sound easy, it's not. I just don't want any regrets later on in life of not trying. As the saying goes.... You only life once..

As far as what I'm looking for character wise, I prefer my henchmen to have a certain flair & color to them (but not too over the top. No lasers) in the vein of Go Go, (Kill Bill) Jaws, (James Bond) Kareem Abdul Jabbar, (game of death) with a strong ethnic attachment. I love the martial art Capetria. (SP) The kicking & moves are stunning to watch & very entertaining. This Character would most likely come from Barbados.

Either way, protect your stuff.  Register a copyright, publish it online afterwards.  You might get noticed, and if you do, you'll have a copyright to protect it if someone rips it off.

May 16, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #32 of 33
My point is that if great movies are not a dime a dozen, neither are great screenplays.  Every year, an average of 40,000 new scripts are registered with the Writers Guilde of America (west).  That's in addition to the scripts that are holdovers from previous years.  It may well be true that "everyone" has written a script.

But not "everyone" wrote a great script.  Write well enough and you won't have to crawl through sewers to get someone to read your script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back