WoW Triple Fi 10 Pros price jumped in Australia
Nov 9, 2008 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

member1982

1000+ Head-Fier
I have seen these for like 450 AUD, but the price now has jumped to like 600 dollars. Are those jump purely due to the Aussie dollar or have the MSRP (400 USD) of these in the states have jumped recently? Do they have any known problems?

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 41
I saw the price jump recently also I bought mine for 305 usd on amazon and now it is like 356 so that and the fact the aussie dollar is in the toilet right now is probably why

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 41
Hehe it might be a big and hasty decision in getting these in australia one shop still have them for 450
smily_headphones1.gif
, but i dont know how reliable these are!! or they crack like shure's cables when over the ear style. :p
and yeah even at 356 on ebay thats 527 AUD. makes the 450 extremely cheaper.

so did the price jump because of a new model with slight redesign? or they just jumped.

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 41
just went up nothing new about them and they have replaceable cables so if it does crack and you don't want to call ue or deal with it just buy another cable and pop it on
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 41
Build quality on the TF10's is brilliant. Recently i have treated mine less than well i guess. They put up with being shoved in my pocket and forgotten about. (Although i really wouldnt recommend this, and im trying to get myself out the habit). The cable is going strong still after nearly a year. No sign of wear or anything.

Nov 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 41
Poopy thats sucks aussies are awesome they should get fair prices why are they always gouged like this

Nov 9, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #8 of 41
Yeah i suppose if i bought this, then i sort of got the field coverted, i got a fullsize can, Ultrason Pro 750, then i got the very portable ones the ER6i (i know these would be a big step up which is what i want them and easier to put it back in the ear than the ER6i), Then i dont need to get anything else again.

Also i think the price will be stable for these well into next year, so if the shop that still have them for 450 runs out of stock then the extra price i cant live with that :p Although i dont need it the ER6i is oright but just bit inconvienent to put back in my ear and get a reseal needs adjustments.

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #9 of 41
nah that's just some lame excuse. did they, or other shop drop their prices when the dollar was strong? i'm not talking just about those in Aussie. i'm talking about every places and every industries.

sorry for the vent but i had to let it of my chest
triportsad.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #10 of 41
Yes other shops did drop their price in line with the aussie dollar... In this case the Triple-Fi 10 Pro can be had for 430 ish now its 619 from the same shop in just like 2 month. Other items from major companies did not drop like Sony Apple Etc and also most Retail shops like Myer/David Jones which swear by Retail pricing, Didnt drop. But a combo of Increased price and low aussie dollar = High eletronics prices :p

Also dont get me started on Video game prices :p even when the aussie dollar is at 1-90USD games costs 100-120 AUD for PS3/X360. PC games always costs 100. I Guess now the prices are ok and inline) Kudos to JB-Hi Fi for bringing the prices down sometimes, Shame on EB Games.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #11 of 41
just get them. the regret ratio for TF10 is awfully low lol. everyone needs a pair as reference universals.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #13 of 41
Which store did u got it from MetroBBOY?

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by athenaesword /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just get them. the regret ratio for TF10 is awfully low lol. everyone needs a pair as reference universals.

Haha i cant resist... but im still torn between TF10 or Audio Technica ESW9... i know if i tell you guys i got a fullsize can Ultrasone 750s already, you guys would definately want me to get the TF10 for portable use... and $430 is just TOOO GOOD to pass but still..... darn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back