Wow. The start of another hobby.
Jul 23, 2002 at 2:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Well, after hearing about these from my friend, I ordered my first Tomy Bit Char-G RC car.

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=ATORC126

I got the supra.
wink.gif
It comes with a modified engine.

Basically, it's a tiny remote control car that can be modified. Engine, transmission, wheels, etc. It runs for about 2-4 minutes on a single charge, and it takes 45 seconds to recharge. Suppossed to be pretty fast.
wink.gif

Here's a review:

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/bitchar-g-review.html

Can't wait!

Jul 23, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #3 of 26
i think this hobby could be as bad to your wallet as headphones
biggrin.gif
. I know nothing about RC cars, but i see guys with 4 foot long rc cars which go so mad fast, that they have to drive them on real roads. I dont know how much they cost, but i'm sure their expensive.

Jul 23, 2002 at 4:07 PM Post #4 of 26
The other ones that are fun are the RC speed boats. They are a little easier for the novice as mistakes do not result in a crash. All you need is a quiet expanse of water and you are in business.

Jul 23, 2002 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by royboy2k
I would've gotten an RX-7 or WRX.

I love how the wrx looks in real life, but it just doesn't look right squashed. . .

I also considered getting the rx7 model, but it also doesn't look right to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

And hey, the supra comes with a 2.2 motor!

I spent $35 shipped. This one will be used for scaring my sister's cat and racing around my desk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #9 of 26
bootman: you found some of the Digi Q cars. I thought of buying one, with their proportional steering, but if you look at videos of them, there is a delay between turning the wheel and the car turning. Its been confirmed by people that have them. Also, you can upgrade practically EVERYTHING on char-gs, which makes it all so cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

www.toyeast.com

That's where I ordered mine. $25 for the complete supra set! $9 shipping.

Jul 24, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #11 of 26
lol, I know!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Heck, if I really like this, I might end up getting a Mini Z car in a few months. (I've spent the last 2 days on rc car forums.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

If you see the videos, these cars are FAST.

Jul 24, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #12 of 26
I think I know what I want for Christmas!
biggrin.gif

This RX-7 looks SWEET! Link
Any opinions on that one andrezjpw? Looks a little pricey...

Jul 24, 2002 at 2:06 PM Post #13 of 26
My son has been into RC cars for the last couple of years, both electric and nitro. I indirectly fund his hobby.
rolleyes.gif

If you pursue this, and continue your headphone/audio hobbies, I highly suggest that you start developing a taste for ramen noodles now.

Jul 24, 2002 at 3:24 PM Post #14 of 26
I filled my shoppin cart at toy east and then came to my sense and closed the browser. That was yesterday morning. Then I did it again this morning. Finally after seeing online video of the cars racing around a breakfast table (from an australian TV commercial, can't remember URL) I placed the order.

If you lot had just stopped talking about them I would have resisted, really.

Jul 24, 2002 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT

If you pursue this, and continue your headphone/audio hobbies, I highly suggest that you start developing a taste for ramen noodles now.

LOL. Yeah, it's probably not a bad idea to know how to survive off Ramen Noodles . . . considering the circumstances.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back