... WOW..... The Google Jelly Bean supports USB Audio out.....
Jun 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ZARIM

IP address matches SNOOP_DOGG and HFAUDIOPHILE.
Hi, I just red engadget confirmed Google Jelly Bean IOS supports USB Audio out from smart phones and it was missing from previous IOS versions.

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 6
There is no Jelly Bean IOS! IOS is what apple calls their operating system. Just a forwarning, this doesn't mean that all android devices are just going to become plug and play with USB DAC's and the like. There is a specific communication protocol that both devices have to follow. Wish I could tell you more about it but I'm currently searching for more info myself.

But yeah, good news huh?

Jun 30, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Would it be fair to assume that Google's new tablet would support digital out, then?

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Would it be fair to assume that Google's new tablet would support digital out, then?

I've just ordered a USB OTG cable to test with mine with an E17 upon arrival since there doesn't appear to be a clear answer yet. I'm not very optimistic since it appears that there needs to some perquisites met on the part of the DAC too, but fingers crossed it can be made to work =P

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #6 of 6
At the very least this is a step in the right direction; we just have to trust device manufacturers to take advantage of the new capabilities.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of accessories will come out that take advantage of this feature.  It would be great to have some nice dock options like the iOS family devices, but the sheer variety of Android hardware will no doubt make it difficult to design a one-size-fits-all approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back