Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread
Oct 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #46 of 767
Hello people,

Two questions here:

Is Sansa View = Sansa Fuze SQ-wise?

Is Sansa View > (better) Sony players (newest) SQ-wise?

Oct 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #48 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZzBOG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Sansa View = Sansa Fuze SQ-wise?

From the tests I've read: No!

The Fuze SQ = Clip SQ

The Fuze/Clip SQ > View SQ

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM Post #50 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how is the sq compared to the sony players?

That's is what I'm wondering :|. I've read the Sony is warm and colored and the Fuze and Clip are both cold. I don't know.

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #51 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by V3lier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's is what I'm wondering :|. I've read the Sony is warm and colored and the Fuze and Clip are both cold. I don't know.

I would not describe the sound of the Fuze as "cold" at all, but it is euphonic; very pleasing with an adorable coloration. And I would not give it passing marks for neutrality or accuracy. It's a great device and a steal for what it does at it's modest price point, but not reference level or best in show quality (so to say). If you haven't heard better, you would think you couldn't. The law of diminishing returns apply here and this player is at the top of the curve.

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #53 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anacondastan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a great device and a steal for what it does at it's modest price point, but not reference level or best in show quality (so to say). If you haven't heard better, you would think you couldn't. The law of diminishing returns apply here and this player is at the top of the curve.

That's about right. A 16gb Fuze (8gb + 8gb sdcard) costs about $120, while a 16gb Sony costs around $300. The Sony damn well ought to sound better for that price difference. The Fuze is a best in class unit and a great value.

Oct 28, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #54 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by KromaXamorK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody knows if it can possible to have album art on a FLAC file???
Like rename the picture folder.jpg or cover.jpg as same as Cowon for example???

Got it...
Must have rename folder.jpg with a picture in 120*120 and less than 16Ko.
Thanks to me©Captain Hammer
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #55 of 767
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robisan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's about right. A 16gb Fuze (8gb + 8gb sdcard) costs about $120, while a 16gb Sony costs around $300. The Sony damn well ought to sound better for that price difference. The Fuze is a best in class unit and a great value.

Nope, the Sony doesn't sound better. It has warmer but the Fuze wins when it comes to clarity. I am not saying that the Fuze sounds better and some will prefer the Sonys but overall both are top notch when it comes to sound quality. The extra money you pay for the Sonys are for things like the better EQ, (arguably) better interface and the bluetooth. And for the better stock earphones. And of course for the brand name.

Oct 29, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #56 of 767
Just a heads up. Saw over on SlickDeals.net that ShopSansa.com has a 30% off coupon for all their players. I just got a silver 8g Sansa Fuse for $87 shipped. You can also get the 4g Sansa Clip for under $60 shipped or the 32g Sansa View for $175 shipped (but everyone here knows the Sansa View doesn't compare SQ wise to the Clip or Fuze).

Code is "SANSAEMP226".
It expires on 12/31/08 and the coupon savings show up during checkout.

I wasn't gonna buy a Fuze but at that price how could I resist? Plus I have a 8g Micro SDHC sitting around by chance too.

Edit: Decided to post this info in a new thread since it may reach more people.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:31 AM Post #57 of 767
Check out the Amazon price. It's similar to the under 90 dollar deal with coupon for an 8 gb player. I went with the coupon deal, but I would have saved a few bucks with Amazon (maybe). Anyway, I've ordered mine.
What a great deal! Thank-you RAQemUP for the tip on the coupon. I bit. Then I found the Amazon price is similar.

Cheers!

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #58 of 767
A couple questions. Does anyone know where you can buy that 3-in-1 case package in Canada?

Can you swap the micro SDHC cards on the fly? If I have 4 cards, can I switch back and forth between them? Anyone know of a little protective booklet of some kind to store micro SHDC cards?

Thanks in advance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 31, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #59 of 767
I don't have the Fuze yet, but I believe you would have to turn off the Fuze (or any mp3 player with expandable memory slot), switch out the memory stick, then turn back on. The reason being the mp3 player has to reupdate its music database listing. Also players like the Fuze and Cowon D2 do not show the music on the onboard memory and the memory stick as seperate (ie it is all seen as 1 source).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back