Wow, my power must suck..
Mar 9, 2006 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 79

PsychoZX

Headphoneus Supremus
Because adding this Monster Power HTS3500MKII has done wonders for the SQ of my system. I found a good deal on it a few days ago. I was expecting a subtle improvement if anything but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm hearing a lower noise floor, more detail, and less harshness. I am definitely a believer in power conditioning now.

EDIT: another thing I’ve noticed, my headphone amp exhibits absolutely no noise with power conditioner. Without it I could hear some noise start to creep up when the volume was closed to being maxed (no music playing of course). I don't get this with the power conditioner, it is dead silent.

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 79
out of interest, were you also experiencing RFI and did the Monster conditioner eliminate it?

Mar 9, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicks7
out of interest, were you also experiencing RFI and did the Monster conditioner eliminate it?

I don't know.

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 79
Where did you get the unit? And if you don't mind, how much did you pay? I'm looking at getting either the 3500 or the 2600 once my tax refund comes. It just depends on what units are listed on Audiogon at the time
wink.gif

I've got terrible power at the place I live during school, so I'm expecting some solid improvements.

Mar 9, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 79
Oh wow that's not bad at all. I was expecting to pay at least $200 for a new unit.

Got any pics?

Mar 9, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #9 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Got any pics?

Here ya go.

Monsterpower1.jpg

Monsterpower2.jpg

The unit itself is very well built. The case appears to be steel but the front panel is thick aluminum ala Eastsound.

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #10 of 79
Was this not the same you you recomended to me not too long ago grandenigma?I used up the last of my cash for upgraded tubes so i can forget about this month getting one.

Congrats PsychoZX as anything that can limit harshness is always welcome
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #11 of 79
I think power makes a huge difference. When I move my setup back home to Camas from my dingy Seattle apartment, the sound changes radically. I attribute it to the cleanliness of the power in the newer Camas developments. It's really bizzare. I may consider getting a power condition in the future.
icon10.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #12 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
Was this not the same you you recomended to me not too long ago grandenigma?I used up the last of my cash for upgraded tubes so i can forget about this month getting one.

Congrats PsychoZX as anything that can limit harshness is always welcome
biggrin.gif

That would be the one
icon10.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 79
I have been thinking about purchasing one of these now that i have read this thread...thanks PsychoZX
very_evil_smiley.gif
.Kidding aside i now noticed that just last month they were as low as $59 after rebates
eek.gif
and i am kicking myself twice because i believe they were $100 when grandenigma told me about them months back.

Do they go that low often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back