Wow, let me tell you about my new cd-player!!!
Sep 28, 2002 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
THis morning i went on a train ship[edit: LOL!! I mean "trip"] - to buy a used NAD 502.

The trip was long and tiring. I felt very weak from yesterdays drinking.. The person lived far from a train station so I had to walk for about 45 minutes to get there. Likewise when I had to get back to the station - carrying a box. Which leads me to the positive part. I got the NAD 502 - deemed "best cd-player under 1000$" by stereophile - for ~45$!!! Amazing isn't it?? The seller was really really nice.. Even likeable you might say!! He gave me interconnects and remote with new batteries as part of the steal (re: deal)!!

Wow. What a nice guy.

Right now I'm am using the NAD with the DT250's and an old Tungsram receiver I got for free. The first thing that comes to my mind is - well - I was about to write treble, bass, seperation, imaging, dynamics, speed, realism ..... - but then I just thought that it would be easier to simply say that everything has improved over my sony d-ej925- ALOT!!

Damn, I just can't get over how nice the man I bought it from was to me... All this has been such an awesome experience!!

biggrin.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 4:42 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
You should get some sort of award for "Effort Expended for Audio" for that one, Flasken!

Well, I just couldn't resist the offer. I'm such a happy monkey now!! THough those were the last 50 bucks I own...
frown.gif
Gods knows how I'll survive the weekends to come without adequate funds.
tongue.gif
Seriously though, I think I'll make it.

Sep 28, 2002 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 13
" Gods knows how I'll survive the weekends to come without adequate funds. Seriously though, I think I'll make it."

It's called "Fasting". Suppose to be good for your soul or something like that.
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
It should also help you shed that massive beer gut
biggrin.gif

Actually I'm staying home tonight... Turns out my behavior yesternight was quite embarassing.. Basically I was acting like a total moron at the dance. I don't know why, I wasn't that drunk at all, imean, I remeber everything.. I just had such a good time my ego trippled. I hit on every girl pulling them away from whoever they were dancing with and tumbling over about half of those I danced with. It amazes me that I completely let go of control and let the few beers I had had do their work.. Dammit I was just in way too good a mood, and now I'll have to face a really sweet female friend of mine on monday, whose best friend (girl) I hit on.

**smacks myself in face**

frown.gif
redface.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Braver
lol, been there, done that
rolleyes.gif

thanks!! Actually statements like that is the only thing that can make me feel better about myself.. DAMN i just remembered the friend's friend, who I clumsily hit on, gave me a weird look from across the flo' half an hour after I failed at scoring her.. And guess what!! I registered that as flirting!!

**keeps slapping myself in face**

Sep 29, 2002 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 13
Yeah but have you ever woken up the morning after in someone else's cloths? Thank the lord I don't remember that one.

The bright side is you can rediscover your music with the great player you got. Return on your investment.

Sounds like you got an incredible deal. Congratulations.

Sep 29, 2002 at 11:58 AM Post #11 of 13
Ah.. The incredible thing is... The itch is back!! I can't beleive i'd lost the itch to use phones before without even knowing...

Sep 29, 2002 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 13
I know what you mean. It seems with the nice weather headphone interest drops. Now that the weather is cooling off the headphone "itch" is warming up. Here we go again.

Sep 29, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #13 of 13
Walked 45 minutes for ANYTHING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hmph. You OBVIOUSLY have never lived in Los Angeles.......if you can't drive there, it ain't worth going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back