Wow! Canned air is fun!
Jun 5, 2002 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
Well, I just discovered that if you turn a canned air can upside down, liquid air comes out.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Now, It quickly expands. . . so, what can I do with liquid air?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 36
OMG! OMG! Canned air! Canned air! CANNED AIR! Ok, here goes. This may be the best thing EVER. Take a can of canned air. Take a pen with a cap. Make sure the pen cap DOESN'T have a whole in it! And make sure the cap has a tight fit on the pen.

Turn the canned air upside down, And squrit some liquid air into the pen cap. Quickly put the pen cap on the pen, and the gas will expand.
very_evil_smiley.gif

POINT IT AWAY FROM PRECIOUS THINGS.

OMG! 20 feet! I AM DANGEROUS.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 36
canned air? doesn't that hurt the diaphragm?

..or am I missing something?
confused.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 11:24 PM Post #5 of 36
Jude,

I think you may need to change this young'ns title.

Jun 5, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #6 of 36
this young'n has yet to find the joy in the using canned air as a torturing/killing machine.
evil_smiley.gif

andrzejpw

go in the backyard and kill some ants!, frost them to death.

find some spiders (preferably daddy long legs cuz they are slow and they don't bite back)

frost 4 of their leggs and watch
very_evil_smiley.gif
... then proceed to frost the rest
very_evil_smiley.gif

if you find a spiderweb grab some salt sprinkle a little on the web and that will lure the spider out ... pour the liquid air on them and watch them krinkle up
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

frost some plants and watch them wilt after a while.

freeze some water? hehehhe

run around and try to spray the flies ahhahah
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
i can so imagine that ahhah

just don't frost bite yourself.....
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2002 at 11:46 PM Post #7 of 36
When I worked in a camera shop, we would play with this stuff all the time. We'd take a film canister, fill it up with some liquid "air", and then cap it. Then toss it to a friend, and watch it explode in their hands.

Jun 6, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 36
Yeah I love canned air also. Particularly if by "canned air" you mean "liquid helium" which I got to play with today. Liquid helium is something like -350 degrees F I think, anyway it's 4.2K which is nice and cold.

Jun 6, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #12 of 36
lol, sweet! I'm a volunteer at the local science center, and I'm training to present liquid nitrogen to visitors.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wow! June 22! So thats only 17 days until I become a road menace AND I'm able to work with L NO2 legally!
wink.gif

Jun 6, 2002 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 36
Please don't go around killing bugs... They may only be bugs but it's bad karma nonetheless... There's enough killing in this world without adding to the insanity.

Jun 6, 2002 at 4:55 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
lol, sweet! I'm a volunteer at the local science center, and I'm training to present liquid nitrogen to visitors.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Wow! June 22! So thats only 17 days until I become a road menace AND I'm able to work with L NO2 legally!
wink.gif

JML & 2Channel, I'd consider yourselves warned! Anybody know the number for the PA state police?
tongue.gif

Jun 6, 2002 at 10:27 AM Post #15 of 36
lol, they're on to me! Are they police or something?

btw, I'm not going to kill bugs. I mean, maybe mosquitos, but that would hurt me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back