WOW! All I can say is thanks!
Apr 1, 2004 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
So my first set of decent earphones arrived today. I bought myself a pair of Shure E3s, after much lurking around these boards, searching for opinions and reviews.

I originally had a set of EX71s, so I was ripping open the Shures while walking back from the DHL depot to the bus. I grabbed one of the Shure plugs and inserted it into one ear, while leaving the EX71 playing in the other. Then I unplugged the 71s and quickly plugged the E3s into the iPod stereo slot.
600smile.gif
I don't even have the words to describe my immediate reaction. Bare in mind that it's the first time I'd inserted these things, I was walking, holding all kind of packaging and everything, and STILL the difference was staggering.

I was worried that I'd spend all that money and find out that my ears aren't all that sensitive, not being a hardened audiophile, this was a purchase made on other people's opinions alone.

All I can say is a massive thank you for everyones opinions.

Great audio has a new recruit.

*kisses salary goodbye*

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 20
Congrats, I really enjoy my e3c for portable use with Zen Xtra. Sure there are better and most certainly more costly things out there, but for portable use with mp3 it wouldn't make sense to me. And welcome to head-fi, I'll just skip the wallet bit since you already know about it by now
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 20
Lol. That's the kind of reaction we should all get when we get new phones! Pure happiness
biggrin.gif

I might join you in a couple months with some e2c's
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Shurenuff
Now if you're smart, you'll leave this site and never come back.
tongue.gif

Yeah, right. I couldn't if I wanted to now. The slippery slope has begun. E5s are calling my name already. Damn you all. Fie upon you.

Apr 1, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #7 of 20
Don't you think this site ought to have a disclaimer warning against the impending doom of your financial situation upon entering?
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Shurenuff
Now if you're smart, you'll leave this site and never come back.
tongue.gif

RUN AWAY!!!!

I'm not sure whether to thank everyone here or gather them all up, lock them in a room and force them to watch non-stop Barney videos (for anyone not familiar with Barney the purple dinosaur - this is a fate worse than death!)

Seriously. When I first came here more than a year ago I just wanted some advice on a decent pair of headphones to use at work and at home so I could enjoy my music and not disturb people around me. My budget was $100 USD. Sounds simple enough, huh?

My first purchase cost me $170 (Beyer DT250-80) - so much for my budget! Next it was a few "cheap" portables like the ksc35 (whats another $30 bucks, right?). then it was portapros (they were on sale!), then it was Senn PX200 'cuz the portapros are a bit too bloated in the bass, then it was Shure E2 - and this is the path to utter ruin, I tell you. That led to E3...

Now to top it all off now I'm actually thinking about the E5 - it never ends
frown.gif

To think that I first considered Etys when I first came here and told myself "who would be crazy enough to spend that much on earphones?" - What an idiot I am (you're thinking you're an idiot too I bet or you will if you stay here much longer - look what happened to me - I used to be just like you - ignorant and much richer!)

Thanks head-fi
rolleyes.gif

If anyone is still reading this post - run away and never look back...

...if you're still reading it's too late. Just hand over your wallet now this place is worse than any narcotic

very_evil_smiley.gif
Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here
very_evil_smiley.gif

now you'll have to exscuse me while I consider my next headphone purchase

Apr 3, 2004 at 5:43 PM Post #9 of 20
There is no running away now!!!
you have already joined the DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE!!
all resistance is futile, you have been assimilated into the Head-Fi collective.

HaHa...
just kidding , frankly us humans are so obessessed with perfection that trying to achieve it becomes the sole objective of visiting these forums.

everytime something better comes out, we want it.

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #11 of 20
if you think you like the e3's just WAIT until you hear the e5's...muhahahahahah.

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #13 of 20
Oh, I can already see myself wearing a pair of E5s. I'm thinking that if everyone says they're that great, this time I'm going to have to believe them, and so I can't really see myself NOT going for the E5s at some stage, to be honest.

I'm hanging out in here though. I figure after lindrone and Welly Wu have made those two great reviews, everyone in here is gonna start with the upgraditis again, and I'll be able to snaffle myself a good deal on a pair.

Seriously though, these things are the best investment in music I could have made. I actually ENJOY my music even more. I love it more than I used to, and I didn't think that was possible.

It's times like these that I'm gald I work at a music company and can get music for cheap. It gives me more money to invest in the E5s!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back