Would you rather be deaf or blind???
Sep 16, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #2 of 55
Deaf. Anyone who says blind "for the love of music" or any other such nonsense reason either has no idea how much being blind would affect their life vs. being deaf, or is just an idiot.

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #3 of 55
BLIND because I'll still have my music...
biggrin.gif

actually I'm useless without my glasses (somewhere around -11 currently) but I just can't imagine being without sight. I love seeing things, creating things and really need sight. If I go deaf, I just hope I won't get some virtual tinitus that keeps bugging me for the rest of my life.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I don't get it. You said blind but then you said you can't imagine being without sight. Did you pick deaf or blind?

that was a random silly remark in response to Bob
wink.gif

I'd choose being deaf. most of the things I do rely on me being able to see what I'm doing.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 55
I think so... and it would open up lots of funds to start a visual hobby
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #12 of 55
Deaf, without a question.
I certainly would miss music, but the loss of sight would restrain me a lot more.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #13 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deaf, without a question.
I certainly would miss music, but the loss of sight would restrain me a lot more.

X2

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #15 of 55
I would go with deaf also, especially since I've had 25 years of good hearing and heard a lot of great music and mastered speech. I think the inability to hear is much less detrimental than the inability to see. Blindness would cripple my ability to interact with computers (both the screen and the innards of my CPU case) which occupies a great deal of my passion and free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back