Would you prefer a 'detachable' cable or a 'permanent' cable?
Aug 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #16 of 60
Detachable, for most of the reasons listed above. I had 3m of cable on my previous phones and in most situations shorter would be more handy. A good connector, like XLR, is reliable enough even for me, and I have everything wired (excluding cellphone :p ).

Aug 1, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #18 of 60
Overall, I really would prefer a detachable cable over a permanent one, and I most likely will get the K702.
But for some reason, the K702's cable kinda bugs me! Look how big it is! (OCD is kicking in once again)

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #23 of 60
C'mon, somebody buck the trend!
devil_face.gif

Aug 2, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #27 of 60

Quote:
Would there be a noticeable difference in sound between the two?

Not unless there's a problem with the connection point, which there shouldn't be.

Oh, I also like detachable cables.

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #28 of 60
I'd prefer detachable as well, but since there are some advatages of permanent cables, I'd say a 1m cable with extension cord (when needed) would be my preference, even with the cans I use at home only.

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #29 of 60
When I had the HFI-780s, the cable didnt come to me til now, With one of the reasons I made up my mind on the akg 702s which I ordering tommow. I would prefer a Detchable cable, so if something happens to the cable. Like if it gets damage, I can replace the cable without having to send the headphones in for a rma. Since I not really a solder person dont have stable hands for that. This also why I changed my mind on getting a DT990 600ohm that i orginal wanted.

Aug 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #30 of 60
So, you all would still take detachable cables for 'home listening cans' as well, right? Due to all the benefits stated in the past pages, I presume.

Random question: Is it best to store detachable cable headphones with the cable connected or disconnected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back