Would you give up music if you could live 3 years longer?
Oct 14, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 34
ummm...NO! I love music in so many ways, words cannot describe how important music is to me. And giving up the gear I use would kinda make it hard to listen to music...so I wouldn't give that up either.

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would much rather die 3 years earlier than live without music. That said, I would NEVER give up sex for music. That's absurd.

You always have your hand..............imagine never hearing music again? Sex is pointless without feeling a purpose......music is my purpose.

Oct 14, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 34
"Music"'s too broad. I write poetry: I have to give up metre? I can't teach Chaucer and Shakey-babey any more?

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #20 of 34
Giving up music would take 3 years off my life.

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #21 of 34
Absolutely no. Music is one of the few things I truly enjoy, life would be so empty without it. I would probably give even more years away. I mean, the last years as an old geezer would most likely be less than awesome anyway. xD

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #22 of 34
Practically, this wouldn't really work unless you went deaf. In which case it would affect a lot more than music habits. I suppose one could also lose tonal perception but that would still cause other problems.

Even with no recorded music, nothing stopping you from humming a tune or hearing it in your head.

At this time, I'm not so sure I would accept that deal from whatever crossroads demon is offering.
k701smile.gif
But from my vantage point, those last three years would most likely be in old age and could be fraught with suffering. Suffering that would really only be alleviated by things like MUSIC. Not to mention, a lot of the people that matter now (namely my parents, some of my friends) might not be around anymore. At this point, I have friends but none so close that I would stay alive through the hell that is often the last few years of one's life to just to be with. And I know not of love yet but.... if I ever meet that special someone and they feel the same way back, well, that might change the game completely.

...yeah, I took this way too seriously.
k701smile.gif
P.S. Why no regular laughing smiley?

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by wonderwall /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...yeah, I took this way too seriously.
k701smile.gif
P.S. Why no regular laughing smiley?

It's the headphones that make you happy ! Without music, here's your smiley
eek.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #24 of 34
No. I'm not going to give up something I love simply to postpone the inevitable. Of course I'm a healthy person who, unless something catastrophic happens, can expect to live another 40 -50 years, or maybe longer. Ask me on my death bed and the response may be different!

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #26 of 34
Very interesting question... Probably no for me, it's just too much to let go of for not that long in the grand scheme of things.

Oct 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #28 of 34
I'd rather give up taste and smell before I go deaf.
When I look at what my grandparents do in threee years I realise that I'm living the best years of my life atm and music is a huge part of it.

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #29 of 34
Depends on what three years we're talking about.

Ten years is too vague. I'm 37 now, and if I've only got to 47, then an extra three years might be worth it. If I'm headed for 95 (as several relatives did), then missing out on 98 wouldn't be so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back