Would You Buy A 3D TV?
Apr 13, 2010 at 3:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

wuwhere

Headphoneus Supremus
Today, I saw the Masters recorded in 3D on a 3D TV in HD. It was interesting given that the broadcast technology is just beginning. As the technology develops, I'm sure this is going to be the next evolution of broadcast technology, gaming and other video entertainment.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 65
No way, not yet... far too early for me. Maybe in a few years once all the bugs are worked out.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #3 of 65
I'm not getting one. If they can design one that eliminates the need for special glasses, then maybe...

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #4 of 65
When it's been far improved than yes. 3D is still at it's youngest stage in business, i know it's going to go far down the road.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 65
The glasses sucks and I got a headache even after just a few minutes after I took the glasses off. Guess its an adjustment thing. But its the live 3D broadcast that caught me. Watching live sports in 3D would be awesome.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #6 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not getting one. If they can design one the eliminates the need of special glasses, then maybe...

This should be possible with a parallax filter that fires the light off in two directions, but I think that this sort of technology will be adversely affected by distance and view angle and would need to be curved or custom made for a room.

I wouldn't count on lack of glasses just yet, but it may not be too far off, who knows.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 65
Now if they can achieve that without the background doing the salt shaker..

1268538850373.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #9 of 65
Nope.. I looked just last week at one (Samsung LED LCD) and decided on a Panasonic Plasma instead. Less than half the price, and a more natural looking picture I thought. THX mode is very good indeed.
Both myself and my wife wear glasses, and two pairs.. well thats just plain uncomfortable.

Edit: Returned the Plasma, too much buzzing on bright scenes here at altitude. Got me a locally dimmed LCD (Toshiba 670U - 55 Inches) and it looks *AWESOME* with Blu-Ray

Apr 13, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #10 of 65
No I won't be buying a 3D TV, not until they get a lot better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now if they can achieve that without the background doing the salt shaker..

Yeah that's pretty cool, they could use a higher aperture which would focus the eye on the moving action... I really think the future of TV will be much higher resolution like that of a DSLR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back