Would this make for a good cheap firewire dac?
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

aphexii

500+ Head-Fier
Miglia Harmony HA02

Old Miglia site

harmonyaudio_front_w700.jpg

harmonyaudio_back_w700.jpg

Has dual mic inputs and 4 line outs, though they are all 1/8" mini but I can live with that. It seems to be 2 or so years old, but they are selling pretty cheap on eBay (originally were around $300).

Not much info about what chipsets other than the Oxford 970 fw. It does say "2 line level inputs, 8 line level outputs FireWire Audio Interface with 24 bits/96 kHz conversion rate. Connect your instrument or microphone and get jamming! You can even setup a 7.1 system thanks to the 8 line level outputs. HarmonyAudio features Miglia’s exclusive SoftClip™ Technology, which prevent harsh sounding digital clipping when the audio input level is too high."

Think this would do ok as a dac?

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 5
The best thing I can say is, try it! Personally though I find a lot of music production gear to be rather un-musical as a DAC. You might be ok as you're pushing it all through tubes.

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best thing I can say is, try it! Personally though I find a lot of music production gear to be rather un-musical as a DAC. You might be ok as you're pushing it all through tubes.

Yea, i think i might give it a shot. Thanks!

Nov 20, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by aphexii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ended up finding it on Amazon (same seller), but shipped directly from Amazon with my Prime. Should be here Wednesday.

Lol, i asked my question over at AT... I wonder how this compares to the EMU 0202...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back