Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Nov 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 6
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #5 of 6
I think here it's more about adding a DAC  (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound? 

I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)

Nov 30, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I think here it's more about adding a DAC  (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound? 

I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)

Quote:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.

Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.

HI,
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k

GLHF,

Andre 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back