Would I need an Amp/ DAC
May 18, 2017 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Iuke

New Head-Fier
Hi, I will buy a heaphone in the near futire either a Beyerdynamic 770pro 32 or a Marshall monitor but because sound quality is really important to me I have seen multiple comments and people advising audiophiles to consider buying and Amp-DAC combination. But since I am not sure I would need one I thought it wise to consult this forum to ask what the benefits might be and what product would be best for me.

I am mainly going to use it with my phone or laptop. If anyone has any suggestions or information please feel free to comment below.

May 18, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 6
Budget
Sound Preference
Music you normally hear
What is your phone
Laptop OS

And to be helped better on the future , it should be placed at the "Introduction, Help and Recommendations" thread.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 6
- Budget is between 50 and 100 euros
- I don't really have a sound preference if it's bass or treble you mean. I just like a clear sound
(true to what the artist intended)
- The music i listen to is mainly rock (10cc, Black sabbath, Bryan addams, Boston, Coldplay,...) I also listen to
electro, electro, alternative, jazz and indie
- The phone I use is a Lenovo p2 and my computers are running windows 7 or 10

And sorry but I thought this question was good for this thread since its about portable headphone amps

May 18, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 6
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/g...-condition-w-original-box-accessoires.846599/

@ 65 euro.. Very good detailed and dynamic sound. Awesome for the price.

Can play DXD and DSD128.

Be sure to have latest firmware since the initial ones reverts to full volume when unplugged (lower volume before play just incase).

Use an OTG cable and UAPP as your music app on your phone (tick bitperfect).

Win drivers can be downloaded on manufacturer's support site. Support can be so-so.

Here is a version for iem/earbud only (80eur):
www.head-fi.org/f/threads/geek-out-100-iem.844493/

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the anwser, I think I will go for the Geek Out 100iem since I can't really buy any 450's new near where I live.

The info was really helpfull. If you have any other remarks, feel free to write them below!

May 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 6
The links I provided you are from the For Sale section of Head-Fi (if its ok w/ you for slightly used items). 65Eur for a G0450 and 80Eur for a GO100 are great prices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back