Would appreciate some suggestions for 300-400 budget, over the ears cans, that are to take out in the world! (clamp/leakage)
Feb 10, 2013 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

FreakMarken

New Head-Fier
I have been doing a lot of research for the past week, and I realised how much minimal knowledge I have. So I figured maybe some knowledgeful people could assist me in my research for my first pair of cans! ^^

-Have around 300-400$ budget.
-Need low leakage
-Need decent clamp 
-I listen to a lot of trance/electro or rock/punk depending on the mood! 

Any recommandations are appreciated! I have looked a so many different headsets im starting to get a bit confused! Thanks!

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I have been doing a lot of research for the past week, and I realised how much minimal knowledge I have. So I figured maybe some knowledgeful people could assist me in my research for my first pair of cans! ^^

-Have around 300-400$ budget.
-Need low leakage
-Need decent clamp 
-I listen to a lot of trance/electro or rock/punk depending on the mood! 

Any recommandations are appreciated! I have looked a so many different headsets im starting to get a bit confused! Thanks!

BeyerDynamic DT660:  cheaper, great isolation, nice clamp, got some sub-bass

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion. This does look like a pretty nice pair of cans!
But lets assume I have the budget to blow up to 400$, and I would like to get the highest quality audio with all those criterias. Is there any other possible high-end choices, or should I go for the DT660 and be happy ^^?

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 5
I would think that the DT770's would suit you better. Use the rest of your budget to get a good portable amp to get more out of your headphones. The Fiio E12 has been working great for me so far. If you want to spend more on the headphones themselves, the Sennheiser Momentum and Mr Speakers Mad Dogs have been getting a lot of attention lately. If you're willing to do supra-aural instead of circumaural (the pads sit on your ears instead of around them. This is less comfortable, but supposedly you get better isolation), the Sennheiser Amperior and Beyerdynamic DT1350's might be your best options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back