Would anyone like a review?
Jul 18, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Duncan
HI: I just did an a/b on my main rig with the 580s and the er-4p and the 580s killed the er-4p in every way. I really hope you do this test so I can get your opinion on this issue. I have great respeck on your opinion so please do this test in case I am going deaf or crazy.

Hi Lou,

You get special attention (i.e. a reply in THIS thread) because i'd hate for you to think you're going crazy
wink.gif

using my main rig (as shown in my signature below)... and bearing in mind that the META42 is more than capable of being classed as a top class amp... I would say that the HD580s have a bit more punch in the bass, but the ETYs have more bass-roll (rumble)... Midrange, that is definetly the ETYs arena to my ears, sounding richer than the Senns, which sound decidedly flat in comparison (although still good... I'd class the Senn midrange to be like food on a plate that you can see, but is clingfilmed over so you cannot smell it, you're not quite getting the whole effect... but you can still salivate - compared to the ETYs which appear like you're already eating the food... and its the best taste ever)

The treble, I think if I'm honest, the Senns may just win this with my vote, being slightly smoother... whereas the ETYs, whilst not sounding sharp, can sound... spitty, when driven LOUD ~ but at quiet volumes, that can make the Senns sound lifeless, boring... but, you know me... I don't listen quietly
wink.gif

So, to round that up... Its much of a muchness, I would not say that the ETYs kill the Senns, and I would not say that the Senns kill the ETYs, but... each 'wins' at different things sonically (not including isolation etc) but that there is a slightly different character to each pair of 'phones... both of which are more than acceptable to my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

as a sideline note, with regards to ETY fit, I can insert my ETYs (with the foamies) into my ears like Sony EX70s... I don't need to scrunch the foam down or anything like that, the one thing that you'd have to remember Lou, odds on its the fit thats making the difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #17 of 20
Duncan,

Where are you going to post your review? Are you going to provide a link to it within this thread? Also, when can we expect your reviews? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2002 at 7:22 AM Post #18 of 20
lol bifcake,

I'll get the various things done this weekend, and... i'll post links into this thread as well, if that will be of help

Thanks

Duncan

Jul 18, 2002 at 10:52 AM Post #19 of 20
Thanks Duncan.

Let me know if you need any help with managing your time. I have extensive project management skills. I will assign resources (you) to tasks (writing the reviews) and I'll follow up on your progress to make sure there's no slacking.
wink.gif

Jul 18, 2002 at 11:22 AM Post #20 of 20
Duncan
Thank you do very much for the special attention that you gave me. You are my hero. If I can just say that the vail sound that the 580s gave you in the mid range I remady with the equinox cable. Thank you for helping my out.
ps
I sent back the er-4p for my 580s are the most wounderfull can I ever had but thats with the equinox cable.
pps
Now if only you had the koss-35 I would like your opinion on it. I think it sounds better than most full size cans.
ppps
I think you are a great guy for helping us members out with with your reviews. You go the extra mile for us members. Thank you for being you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back