Would a direct interface to your brain sound better than normal headphones?
Dec 21, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #16 of 21

Quote:
Get rid of the DAC too and go for a direct digital uplink for best quality sound. Our brains are based upon electrical activity, as demonstrated by neurosynaptic transmission. Then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that the information and memory management portion of the brain to be based upon binary-based electrical impulses; we just need to get the right bio-engineer on board to consult with the coding team.

The physical interface could be a bit complicated, but there is precedent:

You read it here first, don't forget that 
wink.gif
 !

oh no...not that movie....not THAT movie 

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #17 of 21

Quote:

Though, I hear, live music already does a better job than headphones.

I'd say a good portion of the time live music sounds like carp, actually.

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #19 of 21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0bz4I33cPc

Relevant at 4:00 and 5:30.

I haven't tried it myself, but a few I talked to did say it sounded really awkward (using newer models), and not like real life. Maybe it can be improved, or another form of transmission is better, but don't hold your breath :p.

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
Quote:
Get rid of the DAC too and go for a direct digital uplink for best quality sound. Our brains are based upon electrical activity, as demonstrated by neurosynaptic transmission. Then it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that the information and memory management portion of the brain to be based upon binary-based electrical impulses; we just need to get the right bio-engineer on board to consult with the coding team.

The Denon AKDL1 is perfect for this application, I think. Screw the headset, just plug 'er right in. The reviews speak for themselves.

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1292908183&sr=8-1-spell

I like this review in Amazon

Quote:
This connection isn't sound. If my calculations are correct, it should be sometime around 2007 for whomever is reading this. DO NOT USE THESE CABLES. Something... happens with them. Something came through, something from somewhere else. We were overrun in days, not many of us are left. WE LIVE UNDERGROUND! ONLY YOU CAN STOP IT NOW. SAVE US. DO NOT USE THESE CABLES. 

and my god..409 reviews for a $999 cable.

Edit: Killed some time by reading those reviews. Hehehe...none of them seemed to have purchased it.

Dec 21, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #21 of 21

Quote:
If I could use a rusty boxcutter to carve a new orifice in my body that's compatible with this link cable, I would already be doing it. I can just imagine the pure musical goodness that would flow through this cable into the wound and fill me completely -- like white, holy light. Holding this cable in my hands actually makes me feel that much closer to the Lord Jesus Christ. I only make $6.25/hr at Jack In The Box, but I saved up for three months so I could have this cable. It sits in a shrine I constructed next to my futon in Mother's basement.

I only gave it four stars in my review because I can't find music that is worthy enough to flow through this utterly perfect interconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back