Worth the upgrade?
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi I currently have a Sansa Clip and am wondering if it is worth upgrading my source.

I use TF10s, IE8 and RE0 mainly in the order of how often I listen to each. Would it be worth shelling out an extra $240AUD for it or would the differences be very marginal or even a sidegrade?

Nov 13, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 9
Hmm this is a hard one.... Are you looking to change the sound signature of the player? Do you want a stronger sense of power... ,ore bass? More detail? What are you looking to get out of buying a new player?

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 9
More power and detail. I'd suggest you check out the Nationite s:flo2 aka Telecast T51. 
Read up on some of it's downfalls (battery life, not the most user friendly UI, no gappless, etc) and seriously think if you are willing to try it/think you would be able to live with it. There is no doubting this is a fantastic sounding player for the price, but it's not perfect.

EDIT: And yes I think the s:flo2 would be worth the money, you should be able to notice the difference in sound quality. I certainly can compared to my rockboxed Clip+.

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 9

More power and detail. I'd suggest you check out the Nationite s:flo2 aka Telecast T51. 

Read up on some of it's downfalls (battery life, not the most user friendly UI, no gappless, etc) and seriously think if you are willing to try it/think you would be able to live with it. There is no doubting this is a fantastic sounding player for the price, but it's not perfect.

EDIT: And yes I think the s:flo2 would be worth the money, you should be able to notice the difference in sound quality. I certainly can compared to my rockboxed Clip+.

I agree with you 100 percent; I had both players at one point (still have the t51) and I love the sound quality that I am getting from the player. Amazing value and sounds even better with a mid to high quality amp from the line out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back