Worth repairing Sony MDR-V6?
Mar 16, 2006 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tranemiles

New Head-Fier
I have replaced my V6's. The cups are shot and one of the y arms is busted. I bought them in '89. Would you toss them or are they worth repairing and keeping as a second set? Also, I know the cups are easily replaced but what about the 'y' arm? Thanks.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 8
Depends how anal you are about recycling... back in the day, I repaired my trusty Denon AH-D550s several times. Nowadays though, I'd probably just toss 'em.

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 8
heh..wow impressive. Those things take a beating!

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 8
depends, I am very sentimental about my 7506's, they were my first gateway headphone (
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
) and I would repair mine.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Last year in a fit of "letting go" I actually threw out my V6's that I also had from the late 80's. Big mistake. I really loved the rich sound of those cans and could've simply replaced the worn pads. I listened to them for over 10 years with a Denon DCP-100 I bought at the same time. At least I didn't toss the Denon (it's still my main cdp). Rehab your Sony's and you'll have them for another 10 years.

Mar 17, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, I am a little sentimental about this pair.

I think I found what I need at partstore.com (great link by the way, thanks!) ...When they say hanger they are talking about the 'y' arm that connects the band to the cup, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back