Worth getting the Hifiman HE6SE v2 for $649?
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Diceman

New Head-Fier
Hello

I am fairly new at the hobby. I currently listen mostly to my Beyerdynamic DT 177X GO and HD6XX, but I am ready to try something new. I am also interested in trying out some planar headphones, as I have never heard a pair.

Adorama has just offered me a pair of Hifiman HE6SE v2 for $649. I was wondering if it was worth getting a pair of HE6SE at this price, or if it would be wiser to spend my money elsewhere. I have seriously considered both the Sundara (planar and price easier to justify) and the Elex (dynamic but a lot of rave reviews), and would love to upgrade to the Arya and/or the Clear at some point.

I am happy to EQ to get my desired response. I currently have a THX AAA789, but I am happy to use a power amp (Emotiva BasX A300 or similar).

Technically, is the HE6SE a good headphone compared to the others mentioned and will they give me a good planar experience?

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't have any experience with any HiFiMan headphones, so I won't speak to that. However, I'm a little skeptical of Adorama. The only times I've ordered from them it's taken a month or more for items to ship with little to no communication from them. They have great bargains sometimes, but I'd rather spend a little more for peace of mind, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back